The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Speculation] Valeri Nichuskin

Boddy604

11 hours ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Nichushkin and Oleksiak for Hamhuis.  Praise be given.

I don't think there is any way that Dallas ever makes  trade with Vancouver, unless it's a knock your socks off offer by us !

Even though Nill has former ties to the Canucks, as well as the Owner of the Stars with even bigger ties in BC,

He sued our owner and would not do anything to help him, I am sure

12 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I don't think there is any way that Dallas ever makes  trade with Vancouver, unless it's a knock your socks off offer by us !

Even though Nill has former ties to the Canucks, as well as the Owner of the Stars with even bigger ties in BC,

Believe it or not, professional sports teams (let alone businesses) do not operate on such puerile ego-based precepts.  Ever consider that a trade is supposed to benefit BOTH teams?  See: cutting-off-nose-to-spite-face

22 hours ago, J.R. said:

Add to that that I hope we add Okposo this summer and I don't see the need to pay the cost.

Well, he'd be a good second option if we can't get Stamkos I guess... ^_^

But yeah, we're ok for now, and could be really good in future if we get a couple breaks. And that's without other trades or UFAs to add to our right side. It's not like we'll be wallowing in despair without.

22 hours ago, J.R. said:

Add to that that I hope we add Okposo this summer and I don't see the need to pay the cost.

Yes please! Okposo would look much better in our top 6 than Lucic or Ladd! Also on average should be like 4 million cheaper than Stamkos. If the Canucks pushed out a little more Salary I wonder if they could fit Okposo and Yandle.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 9:15 AM, Hutton Wink said:

Believe it or not, professional sports teams (let alone businesses) do not operate on such puerile ego-based precepts.  Ever consider that a trade is supposed to benefit BOTH teams?  See: cutting-off-nose-to-spite-face

Thanks for the choice Hutton

I will stick with your 2nd option.

Many sports owners do operate and own because of egos

They are people too , Many people will Not ever deal with anyone no matter how good the deal is, some have ethics besides egos too (believe it or not yourself)

My reference to Gaglardi possibly not ever doing a deal with Canucks owner, unless it is a knock your socks offer from us, is only my opinion, Unlike your opinion, which states that no one in sports or business would ever let a ego get in the way

18 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I thought that was with the Orca Bay owners; not the Aqua people.  No?

3 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

No, It was regarding the sale of the Canucks from Orca Bay

Gaglardi, Aquilini and Beedie were partners trying to acquire the Canucks

Gaglardi and Beedie sued Aquilini  stating he broke a partnership arrangement and worked behind their backs when he struck the deal with McCaw.

Which the slumlord did. They just couldn't prove it in court.

20 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Thanks for the choice Hutton

I while stick with your 2nd option.

Many sports owners do operate and own because of egos

They are people too , Many people will Not ever deal with anyone no matter how good the deal is, some have ethics besides egos too (believe it or not yourself)

My reference to Gaglardi possibly not ever doing a deal with Canucks owner, unless it is a knock your socks offer from us, is only my opinion, Unlike your opinion, which states that no one in sports or business would ever let a ego get in the way

Harold Ballard says hi from the great beyond!

On 2/13/2016 at 9:08 PM, ba;;isticsports said:

Winning a stanley cup before the Aquilini's would be a much bigger slap to the face than nixing a trade out of spite that would make your team better for your playoff run.

That being said Nichuskin is a beast and would cost more than just Hamhuis. I would think it would be like Hamhuis + Shinkaruk/McCann or Tanev +Shinkaruk/McCann

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Winning a stanley cup before the Aquilini's would be a much bigger slap to the face than nixing a trade out of spite that would make your team better for your playoff run.

That being said Nichuskin is a beast and would cost more than just Hamhuis. I would think it would be like Hamhuis + Shinkaruk/McCann or Tanev +Shinkaruk/McCann

he wont be cheap to obtain but the difference between hamhuis and tanev is quite a bit. age, contract status.

On February 13, 2016 at 0:15 PM, Hutton Wink said:

Except the Acquilinis...

42 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Just read this morning that two scouts from both the Black Hawks and the Stars have been in the building for the Canucks last two games.

Hopefully Nichushkin coming this way.

where does the scouts info get releases for canucks games?

16 minutes ago, Yotes said:

where does the scouts info get releases for canucks games?

Was in "The Provies" in the Vancouver Province this morning.  The Hawks scouts were in Calgary on Friday and the Stars had two scouts at both the Friday game and last nights game.

Archived