The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

After watching Hughes played in the pre-season, I think we can get a really good balance between Olli and Quinn. Because Olli does not take riskis, and he is the safe plaer that calms things down. Quinn is more of a risk taker, and as he gets better he will put up the points but he will still make plays that will really scare you. I look forward to see Olli playing at some point this season when he gets his condition back. Hopefully he can just play the full year injury free.

14 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

After watching Hughes played in the pre-season, I think we can get a really good balance between Olli and Quinn. Because Olli does not take riskis, and he is the safe plaer that calms things down. Quinn is more of a risk taker, and as he gets better he will put up the points but he will still make plays that will really scare you. I look forward to see Olli playing at some point this season when he gets his condition back. Hopefully he can just play the full year injury free.

It's not impossible that you see them together this season........id say Hughes was definitely outplayed by Breezer and if they "can't" send AG down because he earned, the same should hold true for Breezer.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's not impossible that you see them together this season........id say Hughes was definitely outplayed by Breezer and if they "can't" send AG down because he earned, the same should hold true for Breezer.

Kind of interesting how Brisebois gets almost no love.In all of the prospect rankings, he's not even considered a top 10 prospect. The media makes fun of him. Of all the prospects listed ahead of him like Woo, Lind, Madden, etc, he's more likely to salvage an NHL career, and already has played NHL games.Both management and the coaching staff seem to like him.

Too me, he's looked really good. Smooth and calm. Could use some more confidence, but that will come with time.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sergei Shirokov said:

Kind of interesting how Brisebois gets almost no love.In all of the prospect rankings, he's not even considered a top 10 prospect. The media makes fun of him. Of all the prospects listed ahead of him like Woo, Lind, Madden, etc, he's more likely to salvage an NHL career, and already has played NHL games.Both management and the coaching staff seem to like him.

Too me, he's looked really good. Smooth and calm. Could use some more confidence, but that will come with time.  

To me, he's looked like an NHL dman this pre-season

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sergei Shirokov said:

It's because his ceiling is a bottom pairing defender with little to no offensive upside. 

3 hours ago, stawns said:

I think he should be the 7th defencemen but saying he should take Hughes spot(not sure if that’s what you meant) would be absurd because this franchise needs a dmen that’s going to get point and run the powerplays and I don’t think breezers going to accomplish that but I do agree he’s won the 7th dman award for me in the pre season

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

I think he should be the 7th defencemen but saying he should take Hughes spot(not sure if that’s what you meant) would be absurd because this franchise needs a dmen that’s going to get point and run the powerplays and I don’t think breezers going to accomplish that but I do agree he’s won the 7th dman award for me in the pre season

I don't disagree about that, but Hughes hasn't done anything on the pp and has had a mediocre camp.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, stawns said:

To me, he's looked like an NHL dman this pre-season

He will get a ton of play this year, both in the AHL and could be the first call up vs OJ.  OJ, Breezer, Rafferty, Sautner and OJ will all get NHL time this year.  

Edited by Phat Fingers

8 hours ago, Sergei Shirokov said:

I thought him and chatfield were both really good in pre season.  

2 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

He will get a ton of play this year, both in the AHL and could be the first call up vs OJ.  OJ, Breezer, Rafferty, Sautner and OJ will all get NHL time this year.  

Im glad we decided to clone him this offseason.

Should add a couple top 4 LD to the mix soon ;) 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, stawns said:

I don't disagree about that, but Hughes hasn't done anything on the pp and has had a mediocre camp.

Hughes didn't have the best camp, but he is still the most skilled d man with the puck by a long shot.  

He battle some injuries and got a taste of how teams will treat him.  

I know that Hughes and Tanev are happy to play to together, but I see that pairing getting run, and often.  

One thing, our PP will be much improved with Hughes out there.  Don't think they were even scratching the surface yet.  

• Upvote 4