The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Biega: Worst Player on the Canucks

HerrDrFunk

1 hour ago, Kevin Biestra said:

What a stupid theme for an article or series of articles.  It takes a prick "journalist" to even think of presenting hockey analysis like this.

Most likely a "journalist" who's never laced up a pair of skates

Even if you disagree with Biega being our worst player, who would you supplant in his place?

I think it's fair to give the young guys a pass for now as they're still learning the game (I'd include Granlund, Etem, Virtanen, Pedan in this group). Then, who you place a role player like Dorsett as our worst player? By all accounts he's excellent at his role as agitator/enforcer/penalty killer. Do you place the guys who are coming over from Europe who have little or no NHL experience to merit their ranking? I think these guys (Rodin, Tryamkin, Larsen) get a pass too. Goaltending was the only thing for the Canucks that was competitive night in night out. So a pass to Miller/Markstrom. Then, you're left with our top 6 F and top 4 D all of which played well last season. 

Unfortunately, Biega is the only one here that makes sense as the worst player. 

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Even if you disagree with Biega being our worst player, who would you supplant in his place?

I think it's fair to give the young guys a pass for now as they're still learning the game (I'd include Granlund, Etem, Virtanen, Pedan in this group). Then, who you place a role player like Dorsett as our worst player? By all accounts he's excellent at his role as agitator/enforcer/penalty killer. Do you place the guys who are coming over from Europe who have little or no NHL experience to merit their ranking? I think these guys (Rodin, Tryamkin, Larsen) get a pass too. Goaltending was the only thing for the Canucks that was competitive night in night out. So a pass to Miller/Markstrom. Then, you're left with our top 6 F and top 4 D all of which played well last season. 

Unfortunately, Biega is the only one here that makes sense as the worst player. 

Granlund.  Guy does literally nothing well.

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's versatility with Granlund though. He can play C or W, play on the powerplay and the penalty kill, and if one of our top 6 goes down, he can comfortably slide up the line up. I also gave him a pass as he doesn't have the games played yet. 

3 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Whoa, whoa whoa! Put down your pitchforks please, I'm not saying Biega is the worst player on the Canucks but this article I came across did: http://www.thesportster.com/hockey/anaheim-to-winnipeg-the-worst-player-on-every-current-nhl-roster/10/

The biggest knock they have against him is that he's 28 and hasn't accomplished much in the NHL. Do you think that's fair?

Who would you rank as our worst player?

Desperate media writing about anything  to get our attention. Bettman  , please start training camp a month early!

Thank-you!

So, the guy picks one of our least used, depth defensemen as our "worst player". Well, yeah.... That's generally who constitutes the worst player. Absolutely no revelations there.

Read the article in part, scanned to what he said about our worst player, and moved on.  Quite a useless assessment for most of his "selections". 

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I kind of agree. Not like I have anything against him but he doesn't really do anything well. Unless not being god awful at anything is a skill? At least Biega busts his ass on a nightly basis and plays 10x his size along the boards. His play is noticeable. I can't say the same for Granlund. He's young though. This is a make or break year for him, so we'll see if he progresses or ends up in Europe. 

Archived