The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Johnny Gaudreau seeking $8M annually on new deal with Flames

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

That's because players are afraid of looking silly when he dances around them.

All about catching him watching a pass like in the video.

Easier said than done man, guy barely ever gets hit - if it were easy you think a guy that small would be as effective as he is?

Nope

Just now, Nuckles80 said:

Easier said than done man, guy barely ever gets hit - if it were easy you think a guy that small would be as effective as he is?

Nope

Alot more players would have suspensions if they did. Can't hit players that are 5'9" in the NoHitLeague.

I'm not surprised players go easy on him though, he looks like he's still in highschool.

7 minutes ago, Odd. said:

There's no way he's asking that. That's as much as Stamkos re-signed for. 6.5M I think they'll agree with. 8M is too much

I think Stamkos signing for 8 million had something to do with Florida's tax laws. Making 8 million in Florida is probably the same as making 9+ million most other places.

$6.65 million per year over 5 years.  Brings him to his peak and he can get paid

Wanna know the 2 biggest issues in the league today?  Owners throwing stupid money around, agents demanding stupid money for marginal players or very short resumes regardless of production

47 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I'm seeing comparisons to when Edmonton signed Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, and Eberle to those similar 6M per deals. Gaudreau shouldn't make a significantly different amount than Monohan and Bennett should probably be in the same ball park, if he continues to develop, once his ELC is done.

Not in the same ballpark yet. 

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Alot more players would have suspensions if they did. Can't hit players that are 5'9" in the NoHitLeague.

I'm not surprised players go easy on him though, he looks like he's still in highschool.

Players don't go easy on anyone no matter what they look like. Players like Gaudreau and Kane have the agility to make lining them up much harder. The newer crop of undersized prospects like Marner and Aho are following the same template. 

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

$6.65 million per year over 5 years.  Brings him to his peak and he can get paid

Wanna know the 2 biggest issues in the league today?  Owners throwing stupid money around, agents demanding stupid money for marginal players or very short resumes regardless of production

The owners seem think the system is working quite well according to Bill Daly.

“I don’t think on our side there is anything major that would need fixing. I think there’s a general satisfaction with how the system is working. From time to time, tweaks are needed. I think the sign of any healthy collective bargaining relationship is, particularly when you’re talking about tweaks, you try to deal with them mid-term and try to make adjustments. I think we’ve been successful with the Players’ Association, at least during the first four years of this agreement, in being able to do that – on both sides of the table. Where there are things that might not be working well for the players that aren’t kind of fundamental to the operation of the system we’ve been able to reach accommodations, and I think the same is true from their side of the table."

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-t...louds-horizon/

For me the comedy is remembering how flames fans mocked the Sedins' toughness and harped about "The Sisters" for a decade ...and now their offence is built around a hockey gnome that weighs 150lbs soaking wet.  The Sedins are like Bob Probert compared to that squirrel. 

Yeah, 8 million, lets see him survive 4 rounds of playoff hockey vs guys that will be trying to kill him....

16 minutes ago, Toews said:

The owners seem think the system is working quite well according to Bill Daly.

“I don’t think on our side there is anything major that would need fixing. I think there’s a general satisfaction with how the system is working. From time to time, tweaks are needed. I think the sign of any healthy collective bargaining relationship is, particularly when you’re talking about tweaks, you try to deal with them mid-term and try to make adjustments. I think we’ve been successful with the Players’ Association, at least during the first four years of this agreement, in being able to do that – on both sides of the table. Where there are things that might not be working well for the players that aren’t kind of fundamental to the operation of the system we’ve been able to reach accommodations, and I think the same is true from their side of the table."

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-t...louds-horizon/

The truth is we can all sit around and bicker about 1 mil of cap here or there, but for most teams it doesn't make a difference. They'll make little adjustments to their roster to squeeze in who they'd like to keep. Complaining about how a GM manages a cap is just part of the fun of being an armchair GM. Truth is I'm pretty happy with how competitive each team is in regards to one another, and with league wide revenue the way it is I'm not surprised that owners and players are happy too.

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

The truth is we can all sit around and bicker about 1 mil of cap here or there, but for most teams it doesn't make a difference. They'll make little adjustments to their roster to squeeze in who they'd like to keep. Complaining about how a GM manages a cap is just part of the fun of being an armchair GM. Truth is I'm pretty happy with how competitive each team is in regards to one another, and with league wide revenue the way it is I'm not surprised that owners and players are happy too.

I hope that we have reached a stage in CBA negotiations where neither side feels that there is enough to be gained from a lockout. The only issue that imo needs to be fixed in the next CBA is the bonus structure on contracts. 

Archived