The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion/Rumour] Bob McKenzie notes the Canucks could be looking at moving Hutton for a Top 6 F

thejazz97

Just now, J.R. said:

That's the only reason I could see something like this happening before the summer. 

Yup. People talk about trades here like Jim controls the seller side, but sometimes you need to react to the timing from someone else.

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

my understanding was they were putting the kybosh on back room deals before the draft

:lol: who's gonna tell Bettman?

McPhee said last week that he's enjoyed speaking with other GMs over the last few weeks. You have to know there's deals being developed. 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If you listened to the interview, they were talking in general on possible trades. Bob Mc suggested teams might be interested in a player like Hutton, as he's a young defenseman.

He in no way said there was a rumour, only that he would get more in return for a player like that. Nice try whomever tweeted it was a rumour.

Where there is smoke there is fire.  I heard Mackenzie say the same thing a couple weeks ago, about Hutton.  Mackenzie doesn't just float crap out there, like Edlund.  He's reputable.  If he's saying Hutton's name, then it's got legs.  Maybe it's something like Hutton and Hansen for a really surprisingly big return???:frantic:

13 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

Let's get that Horvat kid, I hear he's pretty good.

Ya or better yet, look who's ranked right behind Horvat..

Could of had the son of a Legend in Keith and we pass on Matthew for what? Even if Juolevi turns into a Lidstrom I'll still forever be upset about passing on Tkachuk, then Calgary literally laughs out loud and goes up to select him with zero hesitation. Literally sad

Just now, Alflives said:

Where there is smoke there is fire.  I heard Mackenzie say the same thing a couple weeks ago, about Hutton.  Mackenzie doesn't just float crap out there, like Edlund.  He's reputable.  If he's saying Hutton's name, then it's got legs.  Maybe it's something like Hutton and Hansen for a really surprisingly big return???:frantic:

You need the wheels realigned on your scooter Alf. If I say Burrows, Hansen, Hutton, of the 3 which would get more return? That's basically all he said. He didn't say the Canucks were getting offers for Hutton. He just used an example. Because he stated the market is still up in the air of what pending UFA's and players like Burrows, Hansen or Miller would get in return.

He also said there is no market for goalies right now. Does that mean by the trade deadline no goalies will be moved?

7 minutes ago, Quinn12 said:

Ya or better yet, look who's ranked right behind Horvat..

Could of had the son of a Legend in Keith and we pass on Matthew for what? Even if Juolevi turns into a Lidstrom I'll still forever be upset about passing on Tkachuk, then Calgary literally laughs out loud and goes up to select him with zero hesitation. Literally sad

Lidstrom? Arguably one of the best dmen to play the game and you would still be upset? Just no pleasing some people 

i'm not really sure if Hutton is worth trading for a top 6 forward since he's young and we haven't seen his full potential. he has lots of upside and might become a Ehrhoff type of player in my opinion. i believe he can chip in offensively also. he is still working on the defensive side of his game but once he improves on that front, I believe the offensive part of his game will come along. rather trade Edler, Sbisa for a top 6 forward before everyone else and we also just signed him to a contract extension few months ago so would not trade him but only if the right deal comes along then I'll pull the trigger.

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You need the wheels realigned on your scooter Alf. If I say Burrows, Hansen, Hutton, of the 3 which would get more return? That's basically all he said. He didn't say the Canucks were getting offers for Hutton. He just used an example. Because he stated the market is still up in the air of what pending UFA's and players like Burrows, Hansen or Miller would get in return.

He also said there is no market for goalies right now. Does that mean by the trade deadline no goalies will be moved?

Yes, I agree with that, but JB, when asked about potentially trading a young dman for a top six forward, replied that scenario was something his staff was considering.  2 + 2 = who?  Oh boy!  I think my scooter will be going really fast March first, celebrating a new young forward on our team!  Yippee!!!!

Archived