The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's official, "call me Goldy"

Bowie Horvat

3 hours ago, gurn said:

He will have to earn the ice time, like most. That said with the Gm saying he wants young players to play, Willie has  more latitude to play the young and develop rather than having to sweat for wins.

Hopefully, WD stops playing not to lose, and uses this as time to develop the youngsters and maybe give them a little more responsibility.

3 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

But will Willie trust him... I wouldnt be surprised to rarely see him over the first few games. I dont think WD was too thrilled with JBs comments about playing some of the younger players/prospects the remainder of the season.

What Willie thinks won't matter when JB cans him 

5 hours ago, Qwags said:

He's the Gold standard for our prospects.

Nice

pierre mcguire was on team 1040 this morn and said that goldobin is a A- prospect and that he should be a very good 2 way player for us if he keeps progressing.

3 hours ago, Joe_Kerr said:

Yeah I guess that's what the kids these days are wearing, also if you're really hip you'll get the sides of your head shaved with it way longer on top

Cramarossa with the same Barber it looks like...those crazy kids...

cut.jpeg

6 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

But will Willie trust him... I wouldnt be surprised to rarely see him over the first few games. I dont think WD was too thrilled with JBs comments about playing some of the younger players/prospects the remainder of the season.

To be fair, Willie has never seen Goldy play.  He's not about to say, top 6 and then if Goldy isn't ready, Willie gets criticized for not doing what he said.

Wait and see.  If he impresses, he plays more.  Willie actually knows what he is doing.

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Eddie Shack!

Edward William “Eddie” Shore (1902-1985) played with a tenacity and fierce passion with the Boston Bruins, leading them to their first two Stanley Cup Championships (1929, 1939) and was named the NHL’s Most Valuable Player four times. 

The Eddie Shore award is given out for the best AHL defenseman

40 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Edward William “Eddie” Shore (1902-1985) played with a tenacity and fierce passion with the Boston Bruins, leading them to their first two Stanley Cup Championships (1929, 1939) and was named the NHL’s Most Valuable Player four times. 

But most are still angry for Ace Bailey's sake!

58 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Eddie Shack !  Old time hockey ;)

The entertainer at his best !!..

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Eddie Shack !  Old time hockey ;)

The entertainer at his best !!..

Hey!  I loved Eddie Shack.  Clear the track, here comes Eddie Shack!  I remember him playing the conductor with his stick as the crowd chanted his name in TO.  That may have been his last season.

Be that as it may, Eddie Shore was the real deal long long ago

Archived