The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack MacEwen | #71 | RW

stonecoldstevebernier

On 7/6/2019 at 1:09 PM, aGENT said:

As for Mac, I doubt he makes the team out of camp (though never say never) without moving out some other bodies but I can easily see him as one of the first call ups and would be happy to see him finish the season here.

It’s funny how the corse of 2 weeks can completely change our identity MacEwen will fit like a glove. Every summer he jumps a tier. His physical tools are all there. He probably can’t get any better physically. It’s his on ice vision that needs the most polishing. That is something you can only work on at game speed. I believe he will play in Utica next year to work on that. If he ever figures that out. Watch out, the sky is the limit. 

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I could not find this thread because I did not expect to find it in the 'current roster' area.

Anyway, I hope Zack has had a huge summer this year developmentally. I would love him to be on the big team to start the year but I guess there is zero chance of that even if he rocks camp because we just have way too way forwards still.

I hope he gets called up early though and really plays great and stays on the big team. Having another big tough player on the team along with our big summer acquisitions (Ferland, Miller, Myers, Benn) would be awesome.

Hopefully the old weak no push back Canucks are a thing of the past. 

On 7/6/2019 at 9:26 AM, RetroCanuck said:

Im a huge MacEwen fan, but he isn't a top 6 forward next year. I can see him playing in a bottom 6 as a big strong defender that can add some scoring and speed.

Goldy-Pettersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-Pearson

Virtanen-Gaudette-MacEwen

Roussel-Beagle-Motte

Leivo

If I pencilled in Zack maybe something like this

MillerPetterssonBoeser

GoldobinHorvatPearson

FerlandMacEwen – Virtanen

Motte – GaudetteLeivo

people off  that list , would have to be traded, sent down, injured or sitting

1 minute ago, ba;;isticsports said:

If I pencilled in Zack maybe something like this

MillerPetterssonBoeser

GoldobinHorvatPearson

FerlandMacEwen – Virtanen

Motte – GaudetteLeivo

people off  that list , would have to be traded, sent down, injured or sitting

That third line would just pulverize the opposition's defense on a forecheck.

• Cheers 3

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Zack MacEwen | C/RW
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Laheys Liquor said:

absolute filth

That's the confidence continuing to grow.

Once he's strong enough to be a physical presence at the NHL level (if he isn't already), he could be a great bottom 6 player. Size, speed and some skill with the discipline to play a simple game without forcing too much. Also that pushback and grit that he displayed last year.

• Upvote 1

On 10/20/2019 at 2:23 AM, Laheys Liquor said:

No love for the BigMac? 
6 points in 5 games thus far, +3

You have to remember this is the CDC and quite a few here just aren't that bright, reminds me of how a lot of fans said JT Miller was a bad trade and we overpaid, plus when Bo arrived and he'd be 3rd line at best and probably a lock on 4th line who would never score more than 10 goals a season... 

2 hours ago, iceman64 said:

You have to remember this is the CDC and quite a few here just aren't that bright, reminds me of how a lot of fans said JT Miller was a bad trade and we overpaid, plus when Bo arrived and he'd be 3rd line at best and probably a lock on 4th line who would never score more than 10 goals a season... 

Haha. Could be worse... we could be on HFBoards 

On 10/20/2019 at 11:51 AM, Horvat is a Boss said:

That's the confidence continuing to grow.

Once he's strong enough to be a physical presence at the NHL level (if he isn't already), he could be a great bottom 6 player. Size, speed and some skill with the discipline to play a simple game without forcing too much. Also that pushback and grit that he displayed last year.

How many bottom 6 do you see doing that kind of goal scoring?  Left the Dman with his jockstrap on the ice, undressed him bigtime, better than Goldy on Doughty. Lol

• 3 weeks later...