The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jalen Chatfield

This is how you manage/build a team.

Funny how it only took this organization 40+ years to figure that out. 

Well, it would be funny, if it weren't true.

Goldobin
Dahlen
Shore
MacEwen
Chatfield

^
That's just in the last 2 weeks,

Add to that (hopefully) Boeser and whomever else Benning picks up and we're looking at some serious roster turnover after adding 6 players since the 1st of March. 

The Canucks will look a lot different next year than they do right now, and Utica is looking good too, which is also going to bode well for anyone developing down there.

3 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Goldobin
Dahlen
Shore
MacEwen
Chatfield

^

Add to that (hopefully) Boeser and whomever else Benning picks up and we're looking at some serious roster turnover after adding 6 players since the 1st of March. 

The Canucks will look a lot different next year than they do right now, and Utica is looking good too, which is also going to bode well for anyone developing down there.

Welcome back from the dark side... ;)

free prospect. 

never know how these players will develop. 

hoping this kid can become something, but i get the sense that he's going to be a bottom pairing guy (if he makes it to the NHL). 

bound for utica, once his junior career is over. 

Logan Stanley and Michael Sergachev get all the attention on Windsor Spitfires defence but this guy is putting up points on a stacked Spitfires team. To add a 6 foot RD prospect is a really good thing.  Aaron Luchuk looks like a good prospect to go after on this team as well. 

5 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That's good. No disrespect meant to Chatfield, but he's not a "burn a year" level signing.

He's likely quite happy just to have an NHL team inking him to an ELC and shouldn't require any extra perks or sweeteners to sign here.

Pretty much that.

44 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Goldobin
Dahlen
Shore
MacEwen
Chatfield

^

I agree if Benning can turn that Defensive depth into NHL players then at least we will have players to trade for picks to stock up over the next few years. Nice to have Utica to stock pile our players and groom them to step right in or have value for whatever we need them for.

30 minutes ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

Who knows, he could be another Tanev. 

That's exactly what I was thinking reading about and watching his hilights.

Amusing and annoying how people get so disappointed about adding free young players when they don't have huge offensive numbers but could end up being like Tanev or Stetcher which are our 2 best defensemen lol. Or how about Tryamkin the guys a beast and a much needed player for us down the road but he doesn't have huge offensive stats so what he's nothing good either?

The game is more about scoring more than your opponent which means all the little things and defending well are extremely important and if a guys got decent offensive numbers and does all the other stuff well I'll take that in a heartbeat over a 1 trick pony.

Also if the young jr players had huge offensive numbers they'd already be drafted and not available or like Subban he had good numbers but is horrible in his own zone and far too small to be effective.

Anyway good job Benning you've done well here again keep them coming!

45 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That's good. No disrespect meant to Chatfield, but he's not a "burn a year" level signing.

He's likely quite happy just to have an NHL team inking him to an ELC and shouldn't require any extra perks or sweeteners to sign here.

Throwing a kid who was never drafted $200,000.00 (minimum AHL ELC converted to Canadian $) sounds pretty sweet to me!

Beats going back to Detroit and cracking brick for a living

2 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

Doesn't make much sense to me, but I guess he's free... I doubt he would even crack Utica's roster next year, but what is the point of wasting contracts for the ECHL? 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Probably a signing for Alaska. Doesn't really seem like he'll surpass any of our other D-men next year.

I don't think this is the big free agent D signing that we're waiting for.

Hard to disagree. My initial reaction was WTF.

2 hours ago, darkpoet said:

All those players are free agents at the end of the season, as the Aces are closing shop. 

Okay, I get it. Canucks planning to buy the Aces franchise and move it to Abbotsford or maybe closer in and want to stock the team with some Canuck prospects.

Archived