The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Marky out due to food poisoning

Beary Sweet

Just now, VIC_CITY said:

Honestly, I call BS.

I haven't got food poisoning once in my life and I've eaten copious amounts of food that anyone else would consider past due. Man up and take a poop Marky.

really? Had a bad plate of mussles about 4 years ago and still can't look at them. Sick as a dog for about 3 days. Dry heaved at the thought of a glass of water during that. 

51 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Honestly, I call BS.

I haven't got food poisoning once in my life and I've eaten copious amounts of food that anyone else would consider past due. Take a poop and man up Marky.

It's not only about "past due", it's also about storage temperatures and fluctuations in perishables. If you have something sitting out for two hours or more, this can create an issue.  Even in fresh food.

Man up?   It's not "unmanly" to have food poisoning and it's not manly if you haven't had it.  You haven't been exposed to food that causes it, that's all.

Had spinach dip once that sat out then was stuck back in the fridge to be served again later.  Loved that stuff, until that day....haven't touched it since it made me violently ill.  Once you've had fp, you tend to never forget it.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Maybe it's time to hire a nutritionist again? 

Wait we had one and they got fired? 

Whose bone headed decision was that? Same idiot that decided to fire our capologist? 

35 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's not only about "past due", it's also about storage temperatures and fluctuations in perishables. If you have something sitting out for two hours or more, this can create an issue.  Even in fresh food.

Man up?   It's not "unmanly" to have food poisoning and it's not manly if you haven't had it.  You haven't been exposed to food that causes it, that's all.

Had spinach dip once that sat out then was stuck back in the fridge to be served again later.  Loved that stuff, until that day....haven't touched it since it made me violently sick.  Once you've had fp, you tend to never forget it.

Mine was a subway meatball sub. I cannot so much as smell subway subs without having horrible flashbacks.

45 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Had spinach dip once that sat out then was stuck back in the fridge to be served again later.  Loved that stuff, until that day....haven't touched it since it made me violently sick.  Once you've had fp, you tend to never forget it.

Had it once a few years back. Can't remember what I ate. Chinese buffet I think. 

Went to work that evening but half way through I was a ball of sweat, dizzy, and was leaning on walls to keep myself vertical. 

I was fine after a day or so, but there are different types of infections with food poisoning. Some can last a week.

Whatever it was must have been particularly nasty though, because my stomach is cast iron.

Archived