The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

5 hours ago, J.R. said:

Just adding a few quotes. Looking forward to watching Gadjovich develop and one day see him playing in the Canucks jersey. 

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I find it hilarious. When Benning draft's grit, people freak out and say he should draft skill. Then he drafts skill, and people freak out and say he should draft grit. 

Looks like he did a little bit of both in this draft. 

Meat and potatoes! :frantic:

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I find it hilarious. When Benning draft's grit, people freak out and say he should draft skill. Then he drafts skill, and people freak out and say he should draft grit. 

Looks like he did a little bit of both in this draft. 

And yet he's still being grilled by a handful of people :lol:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

I'm thinking either Lind or Dipietro.

Potentially both? Would be awesome to have 3 prospects make the WJC Canada squad in the same year.

Also loving this pick. Despite being on the older side of the draft class (possibly why he fell to the 2nd round?) Gadjovich sounds like he's got the right attitude and determination to succeed at the NHL level.

5 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Potentially both? Would be awesome to have 3 prospects make the WJC Canada squad in the same year.

Also loving this pick. Despite being on the older side of the draft class (possibly why he fell to the 2nd round?) Gadjovich sounds like he's got the right attitude and determination to succeed at the NHL level.

I believe the 1981 team had Canucks picks Garth Butcher, Moe Lemay and Frank Caprice......................................

Exactly.

What I like about Gadjovich on top of his maturity, dedication to the game, and how tough and physical he can play, is that he does possess skill and can play well with high offensive players like Nick Suzuki. With his size and physicality Gadjovich can create time and space for players like Suzuki and he also possesses the hands, shot, and net drive to score goals.

As an aside, I'm looking forward to the draft+2 season (2018.19) for both Gadjovich and Lind, as they both would be 1st years in the AHL potentially the wingmen to Pettersson or Gaudette and with Juolevi and Chatfield on the backend. That would be great for their development -- to come up as a group -- and might actually be Benning's plan considering his most recent free agent signings.

8 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

What I like about Gadjovich on top of his maturity, dedication to the game, and how tough and physical he can play, is that he does possess skill and can play well with high offensive players like Nick Suzuki. With his size and physicality Gadjovich can create time and space for players like Suzuki and he also possesses the hands, shot, and net drive to score goals.

As an aside, I'm looking forward to the draft+2 season (2018.19) for both Gadjovich and Lind, as they both would be 1st years in the AHL potentially the wingmen to Pettersson or Gaudette and with Juolevi and Chatfield on the backend. That would be great for their development -- to come up as a group -- and might actually be Benning's plan considering his most recent free agent signings.

That's a really solid 5 man line as well.