The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jonah Gadjovich

5 hours ago, Toews said:

Can't bring him over to the Canucks until his team's season is over. I think this is just them rewarding his play in the OHL, he gets a nice signing bonus. Positive reinforcement. ^_^  

It could also be a reminder to fans that we're rebuilding and our future is bright -_-

3 hours ago, Provost said:

I have said in the past, this guy could be the Patrick Maroon type player for us who works well on a top line with a skilled duo.

I see a bit of Tomas Holmstrom in him as well.

In a few years from now, we will be praising Jim Benning for the 2017 Draft - Elias Pettersson, Kole Lind, Jonah Gadjovich, Michael DiPietro, Jack Rathbone, Kristoffer Gunnarsson, Petrus Palmu, Matt Brassard. That is likely five NHL players that we drafted that will be really valuable for us.

33 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I see a bit of Tomas Holmstrom in him as well.

In a few years from now, we will be praising Jim Benning for 2017 Draft - Elias Pettersson, Kole Lind, Jonah Gadjovich, Michael DiPietro, Jack Rathbone, Kristoffer Gunnarsson, Petrus Palmu, Matt Brassard. That is likely five NHL players that we drafted that will be really valuable for us.

Mr. Screen :wub:

Excellent.  With the Sedins looking like they're on their retirement tour, and the likes of Burmistrov and Vanek on one-year deals (TDL bait), we could see Dahlen, Gaudette, Lind, and Gadjovich in some Canuck games before the year is out.  More likely, maybe one or two will come in and the others may get PTOs in Utica, depending on when their seasons finish.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Excellent.  With the Sedins looking like they're on their retirement tour, and the likes of Burmistrov and Vanek on one-year deals (TDL bait), we could see Dahlen, Gaudette, Lind, and Gadjovich in some Canuck games before the year is out.  More likely, maybe one or two will come in and the others may get PTOs in Utica, depending on when their seasons finish.

You heard Chaput got called up today, right?
This team needs to dump vets at both the NHL and AHL level. 
Boucher and Goldobin are ripping it up down there leading the team... and oh, those "defensive issues"? Boucher is even and Goldy is +1

Butttttt..... they have to call up a vet to make room for Rodin, who is wasting away eating tubs of popcorn in the bleeds hoping one day he might get a chance to (gasp) PLAY HOCKEY, instead of, you know, calling up someone who can actually HELP US SCORE SOME ^%$ GOALS!

empty seats at Rogers are well deserved 

Sedins need to be benched and/or sheltered. (yes it's come to that) and not be put on the power play. at.all. Yes, they're still solid "possession" players. Awesome, put them on the penalty kill then, where wasting %$#ing time is actually helpful. 

/rant lol

On 10/16/2017 at 7:43 PM, Provost said:

I have said in the past, this guy could be the Patrick Maroon type player for us who works well on a top line with a skilled duo.

If things go in our favour, having him and virtanen at the top six will make us tougher. 

11 hours ago, Monteeun said:

If things go in our favour, having him and virtanen at the top six will make us tougher. 

I'd like us to sign Kane this summer. Him, Virtanen and Gadjovich scattered throughout our top 9 would be so much fun :bigblush:

I like the fact that he plays and nhl game already and seems to be very mature for his age. It's way too early to tell how effective he can be at the nhl level but in my opinion he's the safest of this year's picks to make the nhl soon.

On 10/16/2017 at 2:53 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Signing him now also buys two years of possible entry level slide (extending a 3-year ELC to potentially 5 years).

He just turned 19 (Oct 12) but contract-wise, his "ELC signing age" (age on Sept 15 of contact year) is 18.

His contract can slide for his age 18 (2017-18) and age 19 (2018-19) years.

Signing him next year, he falls under the exception rule (turns 20 between Sept 16 and Dec 31) and would not be slide eligible.

good call

thanks for that insight

On 2017-10-19 at 0:14 PM, aGENT said:

I'd like us to sign Kane this summer. Him, Virtanen and Gadjovich scattered throughout our top 9 would be so much fun :bigblush:

I have a feeling we will sign Kane this offseason to a big deal, and he will be a good player for us. Buffalo will lose him for nothing lol I almost pity them. 

5 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

I have a feeling we will sign Kane this offseason to a big deal, and he will be a good player for us. Buffalo will lose him for nothing lol I almost pity them. 

Still have reservations about what Kane could do to the chemistry of a young group rebuilding. Not sure if that is what he will want either as he might want a serious CUP shot. The Canucks are years away from that.

19 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Still have reservations about what Kane could do to the chemistry of a young group rebuilding. Not sure if that is what he will want either as he might want a serious CUP shot. The Canucks are years away from that.

As long as we don't have to give anything but cap space sign me up. I especially would want him given what Virtanen has gone through from a party guy to serious athlete. Could be someone who could get Kane off that track. Add that to the fact he's a BC boy with a ton of skill and it's a nobrainer to sign him (depending of course on cap and if he wants to come here, which I think he does).

6 hours ago, Mattrek said:

As long as we don't have to give anything but cap space sign me up. I especially would want him given what Virtanen has gone through from a party guy to serious athlete. Could be someone who could get Kane off that track. Add that to the fact he's a BC boy with a ton of skill and it's a nobrainer to sign him (depending of course on cap and if he wants to come here, which I think he does).

Kane's social life/media presence has been virtually (no pun intended) non-existent this season. He's focused solely on hockey and it shows.

I think that Kane will be going to free agency, and by all accounts, at least as far as I've heard, he is interested in being a Canuck. It'll cost the team, but there will be a massive amount of cap space ($14M) available to sign him, should he come here.

Getting a player of his capabilities in the forward corps, would be a huge boost to the rebuild, as his playing style looks to mesh pretty seamlessly with the likes of Horvat, Virtanen, and Boeser. Fast, physical, and likes to shoot. I could see Green being a fan.

Archived