The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Ryan McDonagh for William Nylander?

I doubt the Rangers move McDonagh without bringing a defenseman back in return.

The Rags also have better forward prospects on the way than they do D. 

Even if people want to argue that the values could match up - it doesn't necessarily make sense for the Rags - as a team fighting to make the playoffs...

They may using some more scoring punch - but at the price of their 1D - a 24 minute workhorse? 

Something like this might make more sense for the Rangers in the offseason - but going into the deadline in a playoff race..... it would appear a move that that concedes their season.

I'm not sure I buy Brooks' logic here.

Someone mentioned cap..well the Fleas will have to PAY WNylander good coin too.

Fleas: Gardiner & Nylander

Rags: McDonagh & a 2018 3rd.

Then...

TML : 2018 1st, Rags 3rd, (small cap dump), & maybe Kapanen(?) to us...

Van: Tanev

Imagine if the Leafs could land McD & Tanev as a pair?

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Then...

that would be unfair.

5 hours ago, Me_ said:

VAN

Nylander

1st

TOR

Tanev or Gudbranson

BAERTSCHI - HORVAT - BOESER

DAHLEN - PETTERSSON - NYLANDER

You actually think Gudbranson could get William Nylander AND a 1st??? Wow. That’s. Wow. 

16 minutes ago, Pears said:

You actually think Gudbranson could get William Nylander AND a 1st??? Wow. That’s. Wow. 

Would Tanev get Nylander and a 1st? What if Toronto wants Gudbranson better? The answer is quite relative to Toronto’s own optics.

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Sellers market.   Depends on how desperate they feel the need to make a playoff push this year.

JB would be a fool to not set the prices high for now.   Way less sellers than teams on the bubble that might want to push plus teams that just want to strengthen themselves for the playoffs.

6 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Then...

I like Kapanen, but why do we want him?  And why would we move Tanev with Kapanen as the only near NHL-ready (remotely proven) piece?

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

I like Kapanen, but why do we want him?  And why would we move Tanev with Kapanen as the only near NHL-ready (remotely proven) piece?

I believe if Toronto really wants Tanev they’ll have to fork up three valuable pieces. Not Nylander type pieces, but something like Liljegren, Kapanen, and a 1st. 

42 minutes ago, Pears said:

I believe if Toronto really wants Tanev they’ll have to fork up three valuable pieces. Not Nylander type pieces, but something like Liljegren, Kapanen, and a 1st. 

That is what I was thinking, and is something I would accept for Tanev. I also think it would be something the Leafs would consider, just depends how much they want to go after it this year while they have JVR and the youngsters on ELC's. 

18 hours ago, oldnews said:

Yeah..just threw that together quickly. Whether Lillegrin or Dermott could be the piece instead(?)..Guess the point is them darn Leafs COULD assemble a team that made it thru the East, as early as this spring.

If GM's(of competitors, with plenty of parity) are aggressive this TDL, so many top pieces seem attainable. The draft(especially w/Dahlin) seems to gain increasing importance..wouldn't be surprised to see 10 other GM's go full-on sell-mode.

Bit OT here but its just hilarious to think what could have been in Montreal and Toronto.

Montreal wont trade Mcdonagh to Rangers for Scott friggin Gomez.

Top pair Mcdonagh - Subban makes them contenders for years with Price in net.

Toronto wont trade for Phil Kessel and Andrew Raycroft.

And now Toronto has a number 1 center Seguin , top Dman in Dougie Hamilton and Franchise goalie Tuukka Rask to build a team around. :rolleyes:

And people complain of the Vey trade.

Toronto has lots of options... Best D in Arizona is available  Larson 26, he is very good.

So top D man for trades..

1.Larson 26

2. McDonagh

3. Tanev--- great contract 2 more yrs at 4.5

4. Gudbranson - 

There are several other D men available as well..

Think Toronto would like Larson, Arizona also has lots of young prospects to sweeten a deal along with cap space..

Archived