The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[3-Way Trade] Penguins acquire Derick Brassard, Vincent Dunn, Tobias Lindberg, 3rd-round pick (OTT); Senators acquire Ian Cole, Filip Gustavsson, 1st-round pick (PIT), 2019 3rd-round pick (PIT); Golden Knights acquire Ryan Reaves, 4th-round pick (VAN)

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Good return for Ottawa.

A late first and a blue chip goalie prospect is about as good as it was going to get after they announced their fire sale. 

Is he a blue chipper?  That return isn't terrible then. 29-31 OA pick and a young tender.  

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Is he a blue chipper?  That return isn't terrible then. 29-31 OA pick and a young tender.  

He's putting up really good numbers in the Swedish league at 19.

I believe he was the top ranked goalie behind Carter Hart in his draft if I remember correctly. 

Ottawa needs a goalie of the future so this is a solid move IMO.

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

That's a Pittsburgh 1st coming back, is it not.  In other words - about 25-30 - with similar odds (at best).

Thought we were talking about Ottawa’s first they gave Colorado in the Duchene deal, which looks like it’ll be deferred to next year. When the Sens will probably be an awful team. 

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

Thought we were talking about Ottawa’s first they gave Colorado in the Duchene deal, which looks like it’ll be deferred to next year. When the Sens will probably be an awful team. 

Oh I see - I misunderstood - was thinking of the 1st in thid deal - which imo is a very weak principal (25% ish) for a player like Brassard - at 3.5 for another year.

You don't sell this early for that kind of return imo - when there is no urgency to dump Brassard.

They should have gotten a viable near NHL or NHL ready/proven asset - and futures, imo.

Archived