Edler- Karlsson

Guddy-Tanev

MDZ- Stecher

Sauntner/Biega

*then I wake up :P

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He’s really improved in both areas.

His skating is far better now. Here are a couple articles that get into it:

https://www.nhl.com/news/training-made-tavares-one-of-leagues-top-skaters/c-640469

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/sports/hockey/how-john-tavares-became-the-leagues-most-dangerous-scorer/article23399374/

As for his defense, he might not be a Bergeron/Toews type of two way centreman, but he’s worked hard to be a more responsible and complete player. He’s even featured on the PK in recent years, and he’s far from what you’d call a defensive liability these days.

I don’t see him coming to Vancouver. But if he did, Green (and pretty much any coach) would welcome him with open arms.

I appreciate the articles, and dont get me wrong he is my kind of player.  The things he can do with a hockey stick are insane from all the lacross cross training.  He can dangle and shoot with no windup and hit the top corner with velocity.  He doesnt need speed.  It just seems like a "Green" type of player is more Evander Kane than Tavares.  Tavares is one of the top players in the league on an absolute basis, but as far as style is concerned I think his utilization of the Sedin's proved that he really isn't into slow and methodical for his offense.  I think Green wants to score off the rush.

Suppose Tavares does choose the city, the money and the west coast living BUT he says he needs someone to play with.

Who’s that established winger? Free agent? Trade? 

Let’s say 12mx7yrs.

baertschi-Tavares-gagner

pettersson-horvat-boeser

gaunce-gaudette-virtanen

eriksson-sutter-granlund

Goldobin, leipsic, dahlen and Archie are in the mix too. Best case scenario they would have a 1, 2 punch of Tavares with whomever then horvat/boeser line  

he’ll need someone else to draw him here. 

3 minutes ago, billabong said:

Suppose Tavares does choose the city, the money and the west coast living BUT he says he needs someone to play with.

Let’s say 12mx7yrs.

baertschi-Tavares-gagner

pettersson-horvat-boeser

gaunce-gaudette-virtanen

eriksson-sutter-granlund

Goldobin, leipsic, dahlen and Archie are in the mix too. Best case scenario they would have a 1, 2 punch of Tavares with whomever then horvat/boeser line  

you want to pay him 12m at 35?

That's quite the boat anchor. 

Hard pass. 

1 hour ago, billabong said:

Let’s say 12mx7yrs.

baertschi-Tavares-gagner

pettersson-horvat-boeser

gaunce-gaudette-virtanen

eriksson-sutter-granlund

I wouldn't put Boeser and Pettersson on the same line.  I would have Dahlen and Pettersson together on the second with BO and Boeser on the first.  Also Eriksson is a legit top 6 who just hasn't found his place in Vancouver.  If we picked 2-3 we would have another top 6 forward and if we picked number 1 Dahlin on the defense.  Adam Gaudette will also push for a spot next year.  

We have 21M right now to re-sign Stecher Pouilet Sven Virtanen Dowd and Archy.  Cap is also going up.  If you sign JT to 5 years 12M you have 10m left to sign those players after the added ELC's. We would also most likely have another top5 pick in the lineup.   

If Tavares happened. Just to entertain the idea. 

Granlund Tavares Boeser

Bae Bo Pettersson

Virtanen Sutter Loui 

Leipsic Gaudette Gagner

Depth: Dahlen Gaunce Goldy

I would say that looked like a playoff team if it weren't for our D and goaltending. 

I' d prefer if the nucks were to make offers when players entered FA it'd be E.Karlsson or J.Tavares in that order. I would want them to pass on Kane, I think if he enjoys his success where he is  he may be apt to re up with his current team rather than join a rebuilding team. The same reasons could be said for why  JT may not want to come here ie rebuilding team he doesn't know vs staying w team he does know, karlsson is on an equally if not worse ottawa team so he possibly could be enticed to come to a team closer to rebuild completion than his current team. If we don't and we probably won't get Dahlin, Karlsson would be worth the wait. 

8 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

No harm in trying for Tavares if we get a defenseman like Dahlin.  Agreed with others, if we don't get Dahlin then I hope we would go for OEL first, a #1 D should be the focus as Bo is already in place on this team as a #1 C. 

if Bovqist Dhalin and Hughes are off the board, would you consider trading the pick to the yotes? Maybe a package around our pick lets say between 5-7th as the start of a package to get both OEL and Domi? I think the above-mentioned trio are the only D that may end up better than OEL. The Yotes may lose him for nothing or maybe a lesser package later if they or OEL decide to move on. I would gladly have OEL over the rest of the D once those 3 are gone. Cheers.

1 hour ago, CrippledCanuck said:

I' d prefer if the nucks were to make offers when players entered FA it'd be E.Karlsson or J.Tavares in that order. I would want them to pass on Kane, I think if he enjoys his success where he is  he may be apt to re up with his current team rather than join a rebuilding team. The same reasons could be said for why  JT may not want to come here ie rebuilding team he doesn't know vs staying w team he does know, karlsson is on an equally if not worse ottawa team so he possibly could be enticed to come to a team closer to rebuild completion than his current team. If we don't and we probably won't get Dahlin, Karlsson would be worth the wait. 

I think EK is gone at the draft. That whole him grabbing the puck after the sens last home game seems like something somebody would if they are leaving and want a keepsake 

My last post above I asked would you trade for OEL if Dhalin Bovqist and Hughes are gone, Also works for EK though I think he would fetch more and I wouldn't want to gut the prospect pool.

If Nashville has cap space, I think they will throw him a good offer. It's an enticing place for him as he will have the best defence in the NHL backing him up.

If he comes to the Canucks, I think it will be for McDavid money, like 11-12 mil. As pointed out by others, spending that kind of money on one player usually screws up the team's salary structure so much.

So it's confirmed

Canucks are drafting Dahlin and signing Tavares to a 3 year $12 million contract ensuring we won't end up in cap hell when the kids come due.

Or

He's going to Tampa for like $1.5 million to win a cup but being shut out in the first round.

6 hours ago, bp79 said:

if Bovqist Dhalin and Hughes are off the board, would you consider trading the pick to the yotes? Maybe a package around our pick lets say between 5-7th as the start of a package to get both OEL and Domi? I think the above-mentioned trio are the only D that may end up better than OEL. The Yotes may lose him for nothing or maybe a lesser package later if they or OEL decide to move on. I would gladly have OEL over the rest of the D once those 3 are gone. Cheers.

If Bouchard is still on the table I pick him.  The price on OEL is going to be far more than our lottery pick on draft day...   I don't want Domi. He has been invisible in all `10 Arizona games I've watched this year. 

Archived