The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BORING

TheGuardian_

3 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

What?

Did the league shut down all the teams during the playoffs?

Did the teams just decide to take two months off and give most of the management group a holiday?

Nothing to post about except rehashing old news or thoughts and there are already a myriad of those threads that could be bumped.

Just about only fantasy stuff.

Maybe that is an idea, bump some threads from 3 or 4 years ago, I know some posters would hate to be shown how wrong they were but it could add entertainment to the forum. Just remember even if they were wrong, it is a learning process, interpreting a team's management and anything posted are just opinions.

Watching the final four teams, they all have size, truculence and many traded players to complement draft picks. I am cheering on the Peg, but it do hope Washington gets to the show as well. Both teams are fairly large and hit more than a bit. I didn't think Big Butt could be that dominant, not every game but when he is, really size matters. Maybe the Nucks should look into Reeves next year as a player and something like a deterrent but use him mostly as a player.

Do you think Linden/Benning have already worked out deals but are sitting on them until playoffs are done?

Most likely it will be a flurry of activity for a week around the draft and then silence again. Canucks draft blah, blah, blah and then summer break.

I am hoping there is something to engage the fans during the summer, some trade, speculation of a pick/prospect a big deal that helps shape the team the next 2+ years.

Go ahead and bump mine where I wanted Canucks to draft Glass, was fine with Boeser starting in AHL and thought that it was unlikely Stecher would stick in the NHL.    If that is what is needed for entertainment, go for it.

It already feels like we haven't played for nine years.

I hate when the season ends....depression sets in.   But, playoffs have been great, so I'm hanging in there.

ANNNND, now that the sun is out, I am no longer sad.  Biking, horse racing, bbq's then football gets underway.  Before we know it, we're counting down the days until training camp.

This too shall pass.  I can write some poetry if you're bored?

2 hours ago, pluralsight said:

You not denying my claim, confirms that you are indeed a closet Oilers fan.

:bigblush:

Do you know who Andy Bathgate played for? Over 40 years I have watched the Canucks.

It is just since Bettman, against all odds, not one Canadian team has won the cup, but every team gets a try every 6 years or so. It is not good for the NHL for Canadian teams to win cups, playing for them is enough to keep bum sin the seats for decades at a time. Some mathematician three years ago did the numbers and all things being equal a person would be hit by lightning 8 times with the odds of a singe Canadian team not winning the cup in 25 years, greater odds than a lottery ticket. But the NHL has expanded Canadian teams are still filling the wallets of the have not teams and represent almost half the league income, but I am sure Rogers......

Image result for tin hat

Playoffs are great so far this year. Pretty sure a game a night for awhile Blue Jays are good to watch. Can't wait for the draft. I mostly dread hockey season ending. Love watching, playing, and discussing it. Never get bored taking hockey.

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

It already feels like we haven't played for nine years.

I hate when the season ends....depression sets in.   But, playoffs have been great, so I'm hanging in there.

ANNNND, now that the sun is out, I am no longer sad.  Biking, horse racing, bbq's then football gets underway.  Before we know it, we're counting down the days until training camp.

This too shall pass.  I can write some poetry if you're bored?

you could give us cowbell ringing lessons.  we could march down gas town and salute gassy jack's statue with song and quasi motto sounds. 

@smithers joe you got pic figured out i see , .....now i want one   how do you do it? :P                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    canuck copy.jpg         

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

@smithers joe you got pic figured out i see , .....now i want one   how do you do it? :P                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    canuck copy.jpg         

I loved that line!  

19 minutes ago, chon derry said:

@smithers joe you got pic figured out i see , .....now i want one   how do you do it? :P                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

top right corner > click your name > account settings > signature

53 minutes ago, chon derry said:

i got my grandson do it. i got the picture from the stan smyl pictures. a great line in our history. how are you doing good buddy?

Archived