The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins Win King Clancy

Rob_Zepp

2 hours ago, Qwags said:

This encapsulates their entire careers. No one is more deserving.

I don't think I'm ready for a Sedin-less Canucks.

I don't think anyone will disagree. Nice to see them top off their playing careers with this well-deserved award -- and winning it jointly, like their entire careers.

Like many others, I hope they get some sort of role in the organization going forward.

6 hours ago, Justdean10 said:

I don't think it's a nock on the Sedins though.. I'm sure he knows they deserve it but I believe he should have won the Norris too. It seems like the NHL people don't like Subs so I'm sure he's just disappointed in how things seem to turn out for him. 

It's not NHL people. Members of the Professional Sports Writers Association decides the Norris. Each writer ranks their top five in the league and submit it. Points are awarded by ranking. The player with the most ranking points wins.

I think it is still too early for Subban to win it. He will get it eventually.

To me, the King Clancy is like a lifetime achievement award that a player should win only once and near the end of their careers as it does not really judge a player on what they did in a single season but rather their work in their entire career. 

TBH it is weird to have Henrik win it twice.

Sedin-less Canucks will be a sad sight. I was completely in the “1 more year” camp. I was so sure we’d get one more year. Time for these kids to step up. I got my “told you so” ready for all the people that wanted the Sedins gone for more ice time for kids that might not even be ready. 

56 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Sedin-less Canucks will be a sad sight. I was completely in the “1 more year” camp. I was so sure we’d get one more year. Time for these kids to step up. I got my “told you so” ready for all the people that wanted the Sedins gone for more ice time for kids that might not even be ready. 

I was actually pulling for one more year. Purely for sentimental reasons. They would then retire 20 years after being drafted and then have them go on stage here in Vancouver to announce our 1st round pick 20 years after being drafted themselves. To me that would have capped their career here. Still a mighty fine career and it will really seem odd to not see a Sedin on the ice. The last time the Canucks played a regular season or playoff game without a Sedin was the 99/00 season. I can't recall a single game they both missed.

43 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Was almost an eye roll.

Subban has always been such an attention whore. 

Happy to see him forced away from a camera. 

I was making a bad attempt at humour there. 

PK is an interesting character tho, good player, has done awesome things for charity, and yet still kind of comes off as a dink every now and then. Having said all that, I would have been thrilled if Jim had traded for him :P

Archived