The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

It's funny. I keep hearing comparisons between Makar and Hughes, and how Makar is "so much bigger" - Makar is 5'11, compared to Hughes' 5'10. They're kind of similar players stature wise as well. Makar might be more physical than Hughes, but I think Hughes might have the better edgework skating wise. 

Makar is currently out front with 6 points in 6 games played so far this season. Hughes is at 3 points in 6 games. It's gonna be close between these two. 

Makar is also almost a year older than Hughes (98 birthday, compared to Hughes' 99)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/19/2019 at 8:53 PM, UncleYaris said:

Quinn looks better in the NHL than he did in WJC imo.  I had doubts but I'm on the bandwagon for sure.

I saw a pre-WJC game between USA/Czech @ Langley events center last WJC, and Quinn Hughes the best player on the ice pretty easily. It was my first 'wow, this guy is the real deal' moment.

You always knew he was good, but he jumped out as a special talent that night & its been the same thing so far in the NHL. I had the same thoughts watching him live against LA.

Jim Benning saying "im so happy for our fans" after taking Quinn will live in my mind forever, Jim was so bang-on.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

On 10/17/2019 at 9:03 PM, Devron44 said:

I know it’s extremely early but I’m just gonna go out and say I’d rather have a Hughes on defence then a Hughes on forward. Just saying B)

The threat from the back end was so badly needed on this team.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Never have we had something like this on the back end. It’s such a treat

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The threat from the back end was so badly needed on this team.

7 hours ago, playboi19 said:

He keeps getting better every game. 

8 hours ago, JoGuitar said:

Quinn is Elite.

7 hours ago, BPA said:

2 more points of QH.

:)

This kid was phenomenal last night. The skating and passing unreal.

His ability to keep the puck in the offensive zone is elite.  Very exciting to watch!!  

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

His ability to keep the puck in the offensive zone is elite.  Very exciting to watch!!  

He had a great game last night. His skating is elite and allows him to do so much. The fact that he has dropped Edler down is a great development. It ight not last but Hughes is showing no sign of dropping off. It is early but any rest Edler can be given bodes well for March. Does Hughes fade come spring when the College sched becomes dwarfed by the NHL 82 game grind?

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 2:27 PM, Tre Mac said:

I think he could put up 40+ points - I think he'll do the opposite of Petey last year and start off slow and turn it up towards the end of the year.  On the PP he'll get the bulk of his points and will be the defacto QB come December.  Most likely will be in the Calder consideration but will finish third in voting.  

On 10/1/2019 at 2:47 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I think we all need to temper expectations on Quinn Hughes a little bit. If he's able to net 30 points and ends the season with a not-too-terrible +/-, it'll be a huge win for us. Anything more is just icing on the cake. Not every rookie in their draft +2 can walk into the lineup and do what Petey did. 

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I don’t know who this guy ^ is, but he seems like a moron.

It's all good, predictions are the best part of the forums.  

36 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

It's all good, predictions are the best part of the forums.  

Totally, but you just know that, assuming Hughes goes on to have a fantastic rest of the season, some dipstick is gonna go scouring the thread for old posts predicting a less-fantastic season and be like "LOL loook wut this dumass said!". Figured I'd beat 'em to it. 

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

He's really good defensively too.  It must be very tempting for Green to over-play Hughes.  Good to see Green isn't giving in to that, and Quinn's icetime is under 20 minutes.