The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

12 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

No, but in the case of Benning not able to sign Brock, could he be forced to?

I thought you meant trade Boeser for something & then use our pick on one them?

Or do you mean trade Boeser for another pick to take one of them? I wouldn't do that. Boeser can get alot more. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I find it interesting that he initiated the trade conversation, Jeff's original question wasn't specific to a trade.

Seems like they're looking to make a move, & the pick isn't automatically out of play. 

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they are interested in PK again. 

I'm not totally against trading this pick for a really good defenseman, I just wonder at this point about PK's age. Not sure he's the right fit, I'd be thinking more along the lines of Trouba or someone a little younger.

But it also all depends who's available at the pick. Like in 2016 if they traded PLD for Subban I probably would've been pissed. 

10 OA for Trouba would be great.  Imagine Trouba and Hughes as our top pair for the next decade.  Just wow. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If Boeser is for sale, Minni pays the biggest lute for Sir Boes.  We're talking their 1st (14th overall) +  Dumba  for Boes + Tanev.

In reality, all of this speculation on the Boeser contract/signing is BS.

• Upvote 2

I’m not saying Benning won’t sign Boeser, I highly doubt he leaves for any reason. I’m just wondering if in for some reason Benning says something, which I don’t think will happen, and he wants to leave. 

39 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

I’m not saying Benning won’t sign Boeser, I highly doubt he leaves for any reason. I’m just wondering if in for some reason Benning says something, which I don’t think will happen, and he wants to leave. 

He's not a ufa. I think you're confused, he can't 'leave'

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Interesting what JB said about Knight.  I wonder if he somehow falls to their 2nd pick if he snatches him?

I doubt it, we have too many other needs than goaltending. Perhaps he's posturing to get someone to trade up for our second if we have a player we want that's not expected to go till mid round. We need wingers with offense and defense desperately. Goaltending is the least of our concerns and you can always find gems in net in any round.

Edited by 18W-40C-6W
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

No, I am actually new and just an adult. Clearly that level of maturity is lacking on this site. I am confused how responding to a trolls to help them either get assistance or suggesting they should grow up, is somehow seen as 'in the wrong'. It is certainly very telling of the real or "mental" age of some here.

Don’t let them get to you. They don’t understand. Take a backseat when reading their mindless offerings. That’s what I attempt to do. Not always successfully. There’s a dozen or so people who think they own this site. I assume they don’t have much of a life. Ignore them. The evolution of society does not lie in the pampering of the brainless.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Interesting what JB said about Knight.  I wonder if he somehow falls to their 2nd pick if he snatches him?

We could have the best goalie tandem in hockey both in the 24-26 age range and if Knight is at our pick in the 2nd round you take him. Guy could go top 15 anywhere through to the mid 20s. He's a mid 1st round talent imo. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Stamkos said:

No, but in the case of Benning not able to sign Brock, could he be forced to?

Boeser is a RFA which means restricted free agent..  he can't just leave and sign to play with different team. Not for another 5 seasons.  At which time he will be UFA.. unrestricted free agent. 

Canucks hold his rights. He's not going anywhere.

13 hours ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Nope not at this point, which has been the basis of my argument.

Agreed.  Whatever happens on draft day, JB needs to walk away with a can't miss bonified asset.  

No mulligans.  High risk guys like Caufield can be picked up by teams like the Av's as they are really just laughing all the way to the bank this draft.  

11 hours ago, Qwags said:

Dach, Caulfield, or Boldy for me. Broberg over Soderstrom on D.

Dach wont be there, Caufield is too high on the risk vs reward scale for me, Krebs for me, Boldy second for forwards.  Broberg, the German kid or Soderstrom of JB goes defence.  

Broberg has the package.  He is the JV of defenceman.  Wide open draft.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Dach wont be there, Caufield is too high on the risk vs reward scale for me, Krebs for me, Boldy second for forwards.  Broberg, the German kid or Soderstrom of JB goes defence.  

Broberg has the package.  He is the JV of defenceman.  Wide open draft.  

You never know Dach could be there. This draft is really wide open 

• Cheers 1

Some good options. I know the Canucks need D as well, but there will be plenty of D in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to choose from.

In order of preference:

_____ - Pettersson - Dach

_____ - Pettersson - Cozens

Zegras - Pettersson - Boeser

Krebs - Pettersson - Boeser

Boldy - Pettersson - Boeser

_____ - Pettersson - Podkolzin

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

No, I am actually new and just an adult. Clearly that level of maturity is lacking on this site. I am confused how responding to a trolls to help them either get assistance or suggesting they should grow up, is somehow seen as 'in the wrong'. It is certainly very telling of the real or "mental" age of some here.

The actual adult tact to take IMO would be:

192fdf5e12bda2725cbb02e61869848b.jpg

9 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

We could have the best goalie tandem in hockey both in the 24-26 age range and if Knight is at our pick in the 2nd round you take him. Guy could go top 15 anywhere through to the mid 20s. He's a mid 1st round talent imo. 

Indeed. You can't have too many excellent goalies. If a mid 1st ranked goalie is still around at 40 you run up to the podium. That will almost certainly not be the case though, so the goalie-phobic likely have little to 'fear' here.

22 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

so has Seider:

So, just how did Seider get so good? His natural athleticism and fantastic work ethic are two big factors, but another one that doesn’t get discussed enough about him is his playing environment.

Adler Mannheim, his DEL team, had eight players on its 2018-19 roster that previously played games in the NHL, including a couple guys with Stanley Cup rings in Andrew Desjardins and Ben Smith. It should also be mentioned that these were primarily guys who made it to the NHL because of their hard work and determination, not their natural skill. With more than 1,000 combined games of blue-collar NHL experience in Mannheim’s locker room, one can easily assume that Seider learned a lot about the training and discipline needed to play in the NHL. That’s a huge advantage that not all 2019 draft prospects received, including some who played professionally in Sweden, Finland, or Russia.

When you look at the big picture of what Seider offers, it’s easy to become enthralled by his raw upside and potential. He might not excel at any one thing, but there’s just so much to like here, with regards to both his physical abilities as well as his mental approach to the game. Worst case scenario, you get a third-pairing defenseman who can do a little bit of everything. Best case scenario? It’s no guarantee, as his long-term development would need to be handled perfectly, but you could get a top-pair defender down the road.

I would have no qualms if JB picked Seider at 10. I know several posters around here would harp on JB for not trading down, but if your guy is there where you're picking, you take him. Who cares if you think you can squeeze an extra pick out of someone to drop down a few spots. 

I remember quite a few people around here who were chapped we didn't trade down in the EP draft. Imagine us trading 5 for 6 and a 2nd/3rd (guesstimate) and then NYR, who had just traded up to 7 decides to hop from 7 to 5 and grab EP. 

JB and his teams draft record speaks for itself, so if they feel he is the BPA we take Seider and run. And by all accounts Seider looks like the real deal

I'm excited to see who we pick this year, can't remember a draft being this wide open from 3-20

• Upvote 4