The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

22 minutes ago, smokes said:

So if the Canucks draft Jack Hughes and Pettersson turns out to be the center everyone hopes he can become, does that mean Horvat is going to eventually be the third line center?

It would prob be the best 123 punch in the nhl. Horvat probably would become 3rd line ctr but i think the mins for all 3 centers would be distributed evenly 16-18mins each.

11 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

It would prob be the best 123 punch in the nhl. Horvat probably would become 3rd line ctr but i think the mins for all 3 centers would be distributed evenly 16-18mins each.

It would be, but that would just be wasted talent.  I'd say if we actually did get Hughes that we would have no choice but to put Pettersson at wing.  If we distributed all the centers evenly then their wingers would also be distributed evenly, and I wouldn't want Roussel and Boeser to get the same ice time... that would just be silly.

______ Hughes Boeser

Dahlen Horvat Petterson

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, smokes said:

So if the Canucks draft Jack Hughes and Pettersson turns out to be the center everyone hopes he can become, does that mean Horvat is going to eventually be the third line center?

If we were in a position where Horvat is on our third line, then the Cup is within sight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Obviously want Jack Hughes, but Id easily take Raphael Lavoie as a consolation prize.  That size, speed, hands, uses his size to his advantage to box out the opposition and lethal shot to add to a very high hockey IQ.

If Canucks land in the top 10 again, easily he would be my number 2 if we can't get Hughes

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Obviously want Jack Hughes, but Id easily take Raphael Lavoie as a consolation prize.  That size, speed, hands, uses his size to his advantage to box out the opposition and lethal shot to add to a very high hockey IQ.

If Canucks land in the top 10 again, easily he would be my number 2 if we can't get Hughes

The PLD we didn't get the first time around?  6'4 192 already, very smooth, and in a great forward factory in Halifax.

Have to believe the Habs will be ALL over this guy.  Big time.  And they should be in great position to get him.

On 01/08/2018 at 9:24 PM, smokes said:

Surely they will play Pettersson on the wing if that is the case, with the ability to play centre if/when injury occurs.

3rd line centre had Gaudettes name on it.

• Upvote 1

Was really impressed with Raphael Lavoie in the Canada Finland Summer Showcase game. I see him being a riser similar to Kotkaniemi last draft. He is currently ranked 18th on draft site. He showed good speed, skating, and skill for a big guy. He played on a line with Cody Glass and as good as Glass looked Lavoie looked almost as good. That says a lot for a player born a year later than a top prospect like Cody Glass. I think he has a lot of potential and would look good in our top 6 

3.png Raphaël Lavoie

PLAYER FACTS 
  • Position 
    C/RW
  • Height 
    6'4" / 193 cm
  • Weight 
    192 lbs / 87 kg
  • Shoots 
  • Contract
    -

Next year's Draft is heavy with Cs, and the Canucks are expected to pick Top 10 again.

Pettersson

Horvat

Gaudette

MacEwen

Madden

Something's gotta give? Maybe they keep Elias at wing?

Pettersson - J. Hughes - Boeser

I think this line would score some goals ;)

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Next year's Draft is heavy with Cs, and the Canucks are expected to pick Top 10 again.

Pettersson

Horvat

Gaudette

MacEwen

Madden

Something's gotta give? Maybe they keep Elias at wing?

Pettersson - J. Hughes - Boeser

I think this line would score some goals ;)

Can never have to many centres. Put Madden on the wing if he's ever ready or trade a guy for a need. Such as an offensive RD. 

Then again MacEwen and Madden could easily be wingers.

Pettersson                  Dahlen-Pettersson-Virtanen

Horvat                        Goldy-Horvat-Boeser

2019 Pick                   Gadj-2019-Lind

Gaudette                    Leipsic-Gaudette-MacEwen

On 03/08/2018 at 1:37 AM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Dach and Krebs would be my first choices, but lavoie is a stud though.

On ‎2‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 6:24 AM, smokes said:

Giroux is a pretty good pivot. He's played a lot of wing the last year! Malkin has been loaded on Crosbys line a remarkable amount of times when goals were really important.

Seguin took a few years behind Krejci & Bergeron, was wing on the best line in hockey according to some in Boston?

It will sort itself!

Some reckon we already have a dilemma with Gaudette, Horvat & Petterson

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Isnt Jack Hughes on the smallerish size compared to EP? I would think EP would have the better chance to be a C in the NHL vs the undersized Hughes, no?

Hughes speed belongs in the middle. We know Elias can put up numbers at wing. If those two ended up on the same team jack would play center. 

Is there a reason why J. Hughes didnt follow Quinn's foot steps and play college in his draft year? Would have been like Eichel in his draft year, would have been interesting to see what he would have done at that level as a compareable to Eichel imo.

Depending where we finish next year, say we don't get the top pick in the Lottery. I wonder how much pressure GM JB will have from ownership to try and trade up to select #1 overall at home, to get a potential star and new Brother tandem in Canuck Uniforms?

But what team would be willing to deal #1 and not select Jack? Would we be willing to give up a TON to get jack? We would be dealing current roster player(s) who are considered out best on the team

Edited by Canuckster86