The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alex Burrows

19 minutes ago, spliced said:

Utica if he still wants to play or some type of coach if he's retiring.

I love the idea of Burr playing in Utica for a few years as he winds down his career. He would be huge in showing the young guys how to be true hockey pros. When we had the Manitoba Moose farm team it was Mike Keane a 38 year old (age may be a bit off) NHL'er who had won the Cup with Dallas a few years back that was instrumental in the development of the last wave of great players we seen on the Canucks...Bieksa, Edler, Schnieder, Raymond, Kesler, Burrows, Hansen...they all learned off of him. Would love Burrows to become the next "Mike Keane" for us...but is he willing to do that? Not sure lol.

It's interesting that the hockey world is raving about how William Karlsson suddenly blossomed when he went to VGK.  From 9 goals and 6 goals in consecutive 81 game seasons in CBS he scored 43 with VGK.

Many years earlier Burrows went from 3 goals and 12 goals in 81 game season to 28, 35, 26, 28 goal seasons playing with the Sedins.   Sort of a similar path yet never seemed to get the same rave reviews Karlsson is getting.

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

Ring of Honor, for certain. Jerseys in the rafters are reserved for the likes of the Sedins or Boesers of the team.

I dunno... How many game 7 OT winners or Stanley Cup Finals OT game winners did Naslund score?

5 minutes ago, singing chef said:

It's interesting that the hockey world is raving about how William Karlsson suddenly blossomed when he went to VGK.  From 9 goals and 6 goals in consecutive 81 game seasons in CBS he scored 43 with VGK.

Many years earlier Burrows went from 3 goals and 12 goals in 81 game season to 28, 35, 26, 28 goal seasons playing with the Sedins.   Sort of a similar path yet never seemed to get the same rave reviews Karlsson is getting.

The fact that Vegas was the new shiny toy last season.

PTO at best, if he decides to hang up the skates it can be in Vancouver after a few pre season games and as an appreciation give him a minor role in the organization if he’s up for it. No need for ring of honour or whatever the crappy alternative to raising a jersey to the rafters.

7 minutes ago, singing chef said:

It's because he played with the Sedins and it is assumed the majority of the credit will go to them. Who did Karlsson play with? Good linemates, but unlikely Hall of Fame. Karlsson is deserving of his recognition. Plus 43 goals is more than any of Burrows' totals from 2 amazing passers who also didn't get much recognition of their own during their prime.

Burrows has been recognized a lot more for his career path to the NHL though.

Yes this is exactly what we need for a one year deal. I want burrows involved with future management and his last season should be as a Canuck. We need a gritty LW who can play with skilled players. We also need some veteran leadership. Burrows will come cheap, he can help green with the penalty kill, and log big minutes while our prospects ease into the NHL. 

We need to be bad for another season while we let our prospects develop. Give Pettersson a year in Utica with Dahlen to get used to the smaller ice. Next season we will get another good impact player at the draft and our rebuild we be almost complete. Bring the prospects who are excelling in Utica up during injuries. Let Utica have a chance at winning a calder cup. 

Yes also to Riley Nash

Baertchi Horvat Boeser 

Burrows Nash Eriksson 

Granlund Sutter VIrtanen

Leipsic Gaudette Archibald 

Edler Stetcher 

Del Zotto Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson 

Markstrom 

Demko

Let him play in Utica!!!

Man does that Dahlen trade look bad on Ottawa now more than ever. Depending on how good Dahlen becomes it could be one of the most lopsided trades in NHL history.

Also didnt we get a draft pick in this deal? Who did we end up picking?

Just now, kenhodgejr said:

Yes this is exactly what we need for a one year deal. I want burrows involved with future management and his last season should be as a Canuck. We need a gritty LW who can play with skilled players. We also need some veteran leadership. Burrows will come cheap, he can help green with the penalty kill, and log big minutes while our prospects ease into the NHL

Yes also to Riley Nash

Give Pettersson a year in Utica with Dahlen to get used to the smaller ice. 

Baertchi Horvat Boeser 

Burrows Nash Eriksson 

Granlund Sutter VIrtanen

Leipsic Gaudette Archibald 

Edler Stetcher 

Del Zotto Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson 

Id be suprised if that 2nd line scored more than 5 goals collectively all year

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Good luck, Alexandre.

Possibly a PTO, maybe a one day contract to retire a Canuck along with Bieksa and Hamhuis.

Hamhuis will re-sign with Dallas.

Either 1 year at 3.5 mil or 2 years at 2.5 per year.

2 hours ago, EoH said:

I’m wondering how the sens are going to look next year. Highway robbery for that trade for Dahlen.

i think the rcmp have been informed

expecting jb to be arrested before the day is out now

last i heard robbery is still a crime in canada

and since the criminal code is a piece of federal legislation

it applies equally across canada

so jb cannot hide behind ottawa being in ontario and vancouver being bc

good luck then jb

we'll send you many flowers and other trinkets

if you are forced to do time in some country club institution over this

i do think we need to resign burrows as well

so jb and him can plan their next crime together

we have a couple of great local criminal masterminds it seems

:wub:

13 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Naslund was by far the superior player between the two. Burrows doesn’t even come close.

When ranking all time great Canucks Alex Burrows outshines Naslund, not even close. Naslund not pass the 2nd round. Burrows a huge part in his team going to finals. Burrows and Kesler turning a team around and changing a defeatist culture. Never once saw Alex Burrows quit on the ice and I saw Naslund do that multiple times.   

I'd be down to pay him a cheap one-year deal with limited 4th line minutes, but a one-day contract would also be sick. He'll be in the ROH pretty quick after he retires, I'd imagine.

Love Burrows.  We don't need wingers, would rather see Dahlen.  

One day contract and retire would make me happy.

Time to move on from the 2011 team. 

Only Edler left.

Best of Luck Alex, you are one of the all time great Canucks and one of the great inspirational stories in sports as a whole.

42 minutes ago, cbdoubleu said:

I dunno... How many game 7 OT winners or Stanley Cup Finals OT game winners did Naslund score?

How old are you?

Did you just imply that Burrows was better than Naslund?

tenor.gif?itemid=10136714

tenor.gif?itemid=7506930

Archived