The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bell Media fires David Pratt/Dave Tomlinson from 1040 morning show

EP Phone Home

16 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

"Hey Dave, you're fired."

I get that, but what we know is that today's poll question is getting a huge response.  HUGE.  It's truly incredible (chortle).  Amazing.

"No, just get out."

Okay I'm fired, I get that.  I get it.  But there's no question about it, the morning show is great, right Kuze?  Back me up on this, brother (chuckle gufaw).

"Like, NOW."

(Hyuk yuk) now listen.  Fired yes, I get that.  I totally get that.  No doubt about it.  It's what everyone's talking about this morning.  But right now we're going to bring in...

"Security..."

LMAO

Idk, I never really had a problem with Pratt.

Pratt & Taylor was one of the best Vancouver sports radio segments I've ever listened to. They were even on TV at one point doing their radio show, like that Bob McCowen dude. Dunno why they split them up when they did that massive overhaul of 1040 personalities because that combo was both informative and entertaining.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

To be replace by...?

With words like "fired" and "cuts" I'm going to presume College Football and Basketball from ESPN radio and not something local.

No apparently the other three shows will broadcast an extra hour. So for example it will be Jason and Brough 6-10am Donny & the Moj 10-2 and Sekeres and Sekeres from 2-6pm. 

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

No apparently the other three shows will broadcast an extra hour. So for example it will be Jason and Brough 6-10am Donny & the Moj 10-2 and Sekeres and Sekeres from 2-6pm. 

That'll work.

There are a lot of different things I'd listen to if they had non-local shows airing as I just don't care about American sports radio. 

• Upvote 3

I’m sure Halford and Brough are going to be thrilled about moving from a 10am start to a 6am start or whatever haha.

I don’t really care about Pratt or Tomlinson, didn’t listen to them anyways. Tomlinson can probably get another gig somewhere. 

Someone mentioned Paterson. I get annoyed by him because he just spends all his time trying to figure out how long it’s been since each player has scored a goal. Doesn’t know how to cover a “rebuilding” team, most Vancouver media doesn’t. 

16 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Pratt is insufferable, and it's been especially bad as of late. Can't say I'm too upset about him being gone.

I couldn't wait to switch to 650 as soon as they announced SN would be onboard.   

Fair thee well Pratt and your leather pants !

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

When are they going to cut botch?

They couldn't get rid of both pratt and botch because then they’d be below the required a$$hole quota needed on 1040. 

I haven't listen to that station since they brought in bro Jake, when they did that they lost me as a listener

Edited by KelownaCanucksFan
Autocorrect
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

So, Pratt couldn't cut it as the lead on a show.  No good without the steadying influence of Bro Jake!  Wait, what?  :blink:

I enjoyed his lightheartedness on air but his content was sometimes questionable lol. Peter Schekci the financial guy was by far my favourite guest of his lol. not sure how a financial guy is supposed to know hockey but it was a good sponsorship plug.