The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin said he watched the Canucks game last night.

CanuckGAME

2 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

So what if they were trying to show Tree ‘the cross’ which is what some might know Scott Stevens as doing where you slide over and nail the forward cutting across the neutral zone with the puck, on your wrong side?

I had coaches do the same. 

Why must everyone infer that that they were trying to show him how to “elbow” people? As if that’s all there was to Chris &^@#ing Pronger’s game. Maybe they could have just showed Shea Weber’s play. Maybe they did. 

Maybe would have been more demographic to watch Chara vids..   the thing is Tryamkin never said he was taken back by watching Pronger vids..  he just stated that’s what they asked him to do.  

The media again took it to a different level.. not Nik,.  He was just being basically asked “what have you or they been doing for you”.

Personally, I think his game (66 games) as a 21 yr old rookie,  had an admiring grit, but it was already in his game, he played and plays that way in the KHL.

There is a misconception here that he is a “slouch”..  his game is very very far from that.

He IS NHL ready,  has proved that already,. And was offered a +2m per contract to stay for that reason.

On a personal note I watched the PG Cougars play when Chara was there.. In comparison, watching Tryamkin at the WJC at 18 years, I can say Tryamkin was 10 times the skater Chara was at that age.

At 21 years (66 Canuck games) Tryamkin was 10 times the skater, far more mobile and a Defensive game than Chara at the same age.

At 24 years with Avtomobilist in the KHL he has grown stronger and more determined in every asset of his capabilities from when we saw him here as a Canuck. 

I find it’s always harder to compare the physical edge of the game between the two Leagues (NHL - KHL).. The larger Ice surface allows for more time and space, obviously. 

But he is, as physical,..  he is by nature..  but there is far more opportunity for that in the NHL than the KHL.

He will thrive here.

Hope Luke Schenn speaks Russian ;)  .. 1 of each of those 2 on the 1-2 pairing would be a nightmare for opposition,. Both play clean hard hockey..

just think,  some time in the future when Dallas plays in Vancouver, it might be Jamie Benn Bobblehead night ;) ..real-time.

Signing Tryamkin will only take a contract spot and $ so if he wants to come back, then that's great for the Canucks.  What Tryamkin's role will be with the Canucks is entirely up to him. 

Judging from Green's past treatment of players, if Tryamkin signs then he's going to need to come into camp in tip top shape.  Even WD made Tryamkin ride the pine while Hutton passed muster.

Can't hurt to sign Tryamkin.  If he can't make the cut then I guess he might always have the option of returning to the KHL.

13 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

He commented in the past about how goldy didnt get a fair shot. Since goldy is not likely to stick, i doubt that will help convince him to try again. 

Never heard or saw that reported anywhere.

Source?

12 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

More like a casualty of his own ego.  Rookie d men showed up to camp out of shape and wanted more ice time, and refused any stint in AHL for conditioning. Nice attitude. As soon as he faces adversity, he bolts home. 

GM  Benning was on 650 radio as offering him a +2 mil per / 2 year deal for that same attitude.

SOLID 66 games for a 21 year old rookie D.

Some see ego,.  Some see swagger.

27 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

GM  Benning was on 650 radio as offering him a +2 mil per / 2 year deal for that same attitude.

SOLID 66 games for a 21 year old rookie D.

Some see ego,.  Some see swagger.

Perhaps, and I really wanted him to stay.  I just don't t think TG would have done anything different. Look at what TG is doing with Goldy.  He gives a shot but he doesnt hold back when the player is not ready.  People are all over WD for it. But if WD was really the issue, why wouldn't Tree stay for another yr once WD is fired?  

36 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Signing Tryamkin will only take a contract spot and $ so if he wants to come back, then that's great for the Canucks.  What Tryamkin's role will be with the Canucks is entirely up to him. 

Judging from Green's past treatment of players, if Tryamkin signs then he's going to need to come into camp in tip top shape.  Even WD made Tryamkin ride the pine while Hutton passed muster.

Can't hurt to sign Tryamkin.  If he can't make the cut then I guess he might always have the option of returning to the KHL.

The biggest problem will be finding room for him if we re-sign Edler.  Hughes and Edler and OJ and Hutton and Tryamkin and Brisbois etc...nice to have depth...but one of those guys (Hutton) will have to go any if he doesn’t come back, two if he does.

39 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Never heard or saw that reported anywhere.

Source?

I read it from a translated Russian interview last yr. 

Here it is:

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/10/02/the-likelihood-of-nikita-tryamkin-returning-to-the-vancouver-canucks-according-to-nikita-tryamkin/

"Tryamkin wasn’t just happy with his own deployment, but also that of fellow Russian Nikolay Goldobin, as he says “I’m certainly not a coach, but, in my opinion, Kolya (Goldobin) should be allowed to play. He is small, brisk, his hands are in order, and he knows how to score goals. In the first match [he] scored, and after that he was [benched for]. So what is this? Where is the logic?…He scores in Edmonton in the last game…he is again saddled. If a person does not play, how will he grow up? How do you understand that he can play?”"

8 hours ago, Zhukini said:

He had a long reach and was breaking up plays on the rush and holding his blueline, part of it is coaching but he did look confused positionally once the other team had the puck and started controlling in the ozone

There was also a bit of a language barrier..  trying to learn a new system in a new league. Add that to the fact Willie couldn't coach his way out of paper bag, not hard to believe he could be much more effective now

9 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

The dead weight is our two best defensemen, Tanev and Edler.  Great guys, no mistake... but very hard to have $9.5 million locked down on a couple of very injury-prone players.

Edler was our best D this year.  Elder's main injury this year was a freak one.  

14 minutes ago, IBatch said:

The biggest problem will be finding room for him if we re-sign Edler.  Hughes and Edler and OJ and Hutton and Tryamkin and Brisbois etc...nice to have depth...but one of those guys (Hutton) will have to go any if he doesn’t come back, two if he does.

If I remember correctly Tyramkin has experience playing both sides, no reason we don’t have room for him. Hutton can go, he just isn’t that good and Tanev can go aswell if need be. 

Edler - Stetcher

Hughes - Tyramkin

Juolevi - Schenn

Brisebois/Sautner - Biega 

10 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Somebody should read Tree the story, Chicken Little. 

He wanted to skip the rebuild phase and come play when the work was done. I’m not sure how I feel about that. 

Sure, he and his wife didn’t like hipster Vancouver and it’s ever-present smell of dope and they had no real family here, but to come back next season would be an interesting character discussion.  

Did you personally ask him if he wanted to skip the rebuild?  Or have proof that he said it in a interview or whatever?

9 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

We don’t need another Marek Malik.

They wanted Tree to be an Oak, not a Willow. 

Tryamkin is nothing like Marek Malik (who was a legit NHL defenseman unlike half of the 13 different defenseman we dressed this year).  

Fun fact that was mentioned by @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME in the Jett Woo thread...  

Tryamkin was one of the only guys NOT to get an A bonus in his ELC.  Here's a list of guys that got it (direct quote from SID who did the research, thanks Sid!) 

"Lind (2nd round)

Gadjovich (2nd round)

DiPietro (3rd round)

Palmu (6th round)

Brisebois (3rd round)

Gaudette (5th round)

Jasek (6th round)

Demko (2nd round—and he actually got “A” and “B” bonuses)" 

Couple that with Willie D, and being a newly married couple and you've got a nice little trip back to Russia.  

Stop hating @189lb enforcers? and making up reasons to dislike Nik.  Save it for the Avalanche after they add another 1st overall pick this year. 

Pronger was as dirty as they come.  

I watched a lot of him in St Louis and Anaheim.  He played as dirty as the rat Marchand, except that he was 6'6. I don't see how you can defend a guy that has 8 suspensions.  

Just for comparison, another player got 30 games for the same thing that Pronger did to Kesler.  Pronger was a big name and got preferential treatment. 

The hits that Pronger received 1 games suspensions for (Holmstrom and Dean MacAmmond) would both be 20 games each minimum in today's NHL.  

11 hours ago, Jaku said:

Nikita has said in the past he still follows the Canucks. Personally I'm taking this with a grain of salt and not going to read into this much. 

He still,follow the Canucks.  Canucks will post accomplishments by Canucks for eg when we signed him Hughes, Canucks Instagram will share the news, liked by tryamkin, pettersson rookie of the months awards liked by him, happy birthday bo horvat posts liked by tryamkin, Quinn Hughes finalist for,hobey baker liked by Trayamkin. Etc

54 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Pronger was as dirty as they come.  

I watched a lot of him in St Louis and Anaheim.  He played as dirty as the rat Marchand, except that he was 6'6. I don't see how you can defend a guy that has 8 suspensions.  

Just for comparison, another player got 30 games for the same thing that Pronger did to Kesler.  Pronger was a big name and got preferential treatment. 

image.png.cbea9b9b8d04495ebeaf99df0f41ae1c.png

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Tryamkin is nothing like Marek Malik (who was a legit NHL defenseman unlike half of the 13 different defenseman we dressed this year).  

Fun fact that was mentioned by @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME in the Jett Woo thread...  

Tryamkin was one of the only guys NOT to get an A bonus in his ELC.  Here's a list of guys that got it (direct quote from SID who did the research, thanks Sid!) 

"Lind (2nd round)

Gadjovich (2nd round)

DiPietro (3rd round)

Palmu (6th round)

Brisebois (3rd round)

Gaudette (5th round)

Jasek (6th round)

Demko (2nd round—and he actually got “A” and “B” bonuses)" 

Couple that with Willie D, and being a newly married couple and you've got a nice little trip back to Russia.  

Stop hating @189lb enforcers? and making up reasons to dislike Nik.  Save it for the Avalanche after they add another 1st overall pick this year. 

To far fair, Tryamkin’s contract was actually pretty good, with the European assignment clause, max base salary and signing bonus. He earned higher average annual salary on his ELC than most of those other guys (since they went to the AHL and got AHL money). The bonus thing was mostly meant as a joke.

11 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

With the tools Tryamkin brings to this team, you have to leave the past in your rearview mirror.  

Not like this organization treated him the greatest as well.  Sitting him in a room watching Pronger highlights is a pretty strange move.

08FB8E31-EE0B-47C7-B1B3-78CDA0B2E47E.jpeg

E4B6B61D-8659-464D-A464-4B6F623C2039.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Perhaps, and I really wanted him to stay.  I just don't t think TG would have done anything different. Look at what TG is doing with Goldy.  He gives a shot but he doesnt hold back when the player is not ready.  People are all over WD for it. But if WD was really the issue, why wouldn't Tree stay for another yr once WD is fired?  

I can only guess that Tryamkin has made up his mind, and possibly a promise to his new wife to go back home and reset, before that season and his contract expired with the Canucks.

Archived