The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much weight does Petey gain over the Summer?

*Buzzsaw*

You Guess  

104 members have voted

1. 1. How pounds of muscle does Elias Pettersson put on over the summer?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2019 at 02:39 PM

6 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

The stupidity of this weight obsession for prospects on CDC is overwhelming.

This is not the 90s dead puck era.  

This is more of a power to weight ratio sport now.  Acceleration, quick stops and turns are more important and these are aided by strength and hindered by weight.

Speed, Agility, Power. These are the things Petey's a fan of.

I think it's a good topic. Clearly EP needs to put on few lbs and will. Hope he doesn't put on too much line Virt and McCann did after their rookie seasons. They were instructed by Canucks to do so and it was a mistake to out on that much. 

EP40 likely puts on 4 to 5 Lbs of solid muscle. He needs it. 

Not sure why so many ppl complaining..  Just don't visit or post in a thread you guys aren't interested in.  

Hes still a kid and will gain weight. His style has little bearing on his genetics.at 6'2" he could be very fit at 190. I dont see that hampering his play at all. 

How quickly he gains weight and what he does to gain weight will affect him. That said,  petey already told us he wont get heavier on purpose.

It is very possible while doing reflex and fast twitch muscle training to add muscle. 

Hes going to eat healthy and work at hockey skills and he will gain purely because he isnt done growing.

Peteys body will grow like a good hockey rebuild slowly, the right way building through the rink instead of the draft, lol (beer pun.)

I do see the merits of him gaining muscle. I honestly think if we made the playoffs this year he would have been manhandled.

With that said, Pettersson plays bigger than he really is. It isn't so much about him being able to compete - he already can.  To me, it is more helping to make sure he is strong enough to handle big hits and not get injured as easily through the rigors of a season and especially the playoffs.

I think by putting the focus on his weight, it undermines the other things he needs to do to be a superstar in this league, and as someone mentioned, we certainly dont want him to gain to the detriment of the skills and speed he already has. I think as he grows into his body he will probably naturally gain weight. He will obviously never be a hulking guy but my guess is that he ends up close to 190-195 or so when all is said and done.

Archived