The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much weight does Petey gain over the Summer?

*Buzzsaw*

You Guess  

104 members have voted

1. 1. How pounds of muscle does Elias Pettersson put on over the summer?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2019 at 02:39 PM

We all know Petey can dangle and we all know he can shoot... but he is a beanpole and he does get knocked down in the corners regularly.  (even though he can lay the hits too... ::D )

So the question for all you EP40 fans.... How much muscle is he going to pack on during the summer?

We can revisit this at Training Camp and see if the majority opinion was right and who predicted correctly.

Just now, naslund.is.king said:

How many threads are you going to make this offseason:lol:? Over under 50?

Least this ones positive

And how many threads are you going to badmouth because you don't have the imagination to create one yourself?

A few pounds. His style is not a heavy game and I can't see him ever being much more than 185 at most. Sites already have him at 176lbs, so I don't see him gaining much, nor do I see him needing to gain much weight.

The stupidity of this weight obsession for prospects on CDC is overwhelming.

This is not the 90s dead puck era.  

This is more of a power to weight ratio sport now.  Acceleration, quick stops and turns are more important and these are aided by strength and hindered by weight.

9 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

The stupidity of this weight obsession for prospects on CDC is overwhelming.

This is not the 90s dead puck era.  

This is more of a power to weight ratio sport now.  Acceleration, quick stops and turns are more important and these are aided by strength and hindered by weight.

Well, it definitely needed it's own thread ! Don't want to ruin the Pettersson thread with these important questions !                                                            ( /s )

My guess is 5 lbs or so.

He's tall/lanky with a fairly high center of gravity but bracing with legs apart/knees bent can also help with that as he's fighting for a puck. I like him just the way he is...more experience will arm him with "what to expect" and how to prepare for it (too).  Thing is, his body type likely doesn't give way for being too stalky...he can gain a little muscle mass, sure, but his agility is a big plus so don't want him to gain in areas only to lose in others in a tradeoff.

Core strength, balance and conditioning , sure.  But don't force a round peg into a square hole here.  We need to assign a heavyweight to him so he can just play his game.   As Schenn is to Quinn, Petey needs a Pitbull.

Archived