The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2019 Draft Prediction] The Vancouver Canucks are proud to select___(player name)___

3 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Jokes aside, he looks like he could be a Brandon-Sutter-type player, on the upside.

He outscored Liam Foudy to lead the Knights.  Foudy has already been a 18th overall pick. About where Connor projects?

We wont pick him. But he looks like a little bull dog. Strong for a small kid. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Strombone said:

Gary Bettman walks up to the stage... (BOOOOOOO)

We have a trade to announce... (BOOOOOO)

I think you're gonna wanna hear this...(HUH?) (BOO)

Vancouver trades the 10th selection in the 2019 NHL Draft plus their 1st round pick in 2020 in exchange for New Jersey's 1st round pick in 2019. (WHHHAATT??)

Jim Benning, Quinn, and crew walk up to the stage... (WOOOOOOO!)

Vancouver is proud to select from the US National Development Program...

Jack Hughes

(THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!)

Go Canucks Go! Go Canucks Go! (The crowd is chanting as JB is crowd surfed by the fans)

Hoping for Zegras or Boldy, but think both will be gone before Canucks pick at 10th, so my pick is Krebs (provided Canucks pick at 10th).

Ideal situation would be the above, although I think we would need to add a bit more  (how about Sutter, Pouliot and 2019 2nd)  :bigblush:

• Upvote 2

Alex mutha ukin Newhook Boyeee! 

Literally can't think of a player in the 5-15 range we need more than him. The only other guy for me is if Podkolzin drops. 

after that I like Turcotte Krebs Sieder might take Dach or Cozens if they drop but honestly would take the above mentioned players New Pod before em if their available probably Turcotte too. 

1 minute ago, smokes said:

It wouldn't suprise me much if the 10th gets traded for a later pick and Benning gets a sleeper like a Boeser.

Depends who's available. Looks like there will be a hell of a good player available at 10.

Edited by hammertime

9 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Brent Seabrook - 14 OA

Tyler Myers       - 12 OA

Dougie Hamilton - 9 OA

Moritz Seider       10 OA  (no brainer)

Totally agree

we should take Seider.  He’s looking more and more like the next Brent Burns. 

Top pair of Hughes and Seider for the next decade would be fabulous 

• Upvote 1

I can see Benning and Co. walking to the stage. Zegras, Caufield and Boldy still available, and then Benning announces:

ALEX NEWHOOK

I will be quite surprised, similar to how I felt when they said Elias Pettersson's name in 2017. Newhook isn't my first choice, but Benning's team have studied these players closely.  

1. Krebs (going to be a star)

2. Broberg, Soderstrom or Seider (they need better D badly)

3. Caufield (the scoring is too good to ignore, Benning needs to hit a grand slam, and Caufield could be that player)

• Cheers 1