The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour: Canucks very active in trade market (Canucks looking at D options)

650 just stated Canucks chatted about Nick Leddy from NYI and their 23rd overall pick and a + for the Canucks 10th overall.

They supposedly also chatted about moving up to Buffalo's 7th overall this year.

Edit: not sure how Leddy would fit in being a LD. I guess Edler 1st pairing, Leddy 2nd pairing, Hughes sheltered on 3rd pairing.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

650 just stated Canucks chatted about Nick Leddy from NYI and their 23rd overall pick and a + for the Canucks 10th overall.

They supposedly also chatted about moving up to Buffalo's 7th overall this year.

Edit: not sure how Leddy would fit in being a LD. I guess Edler 1st pairing, Leddy 2nd pairing, Hughes sheltered on 3rd pairing.

lol leddy adn 23th for the tenth? Get Jim off the phone

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/19/2019 at 7:46 PM, Noseforthenet said:

Guys on Instagram seem to be trolling Jake Virtanen, saying that he was included in  trade with Phili for Shane Gosistbehere. Some are even welcoming him to Phili already :huh:

Ghost is LD we need a RD but if the cost is same for trade then ghost is the way to go because he's signed for 4 more years at 4.5 mill per. 

Barrie will look for 9 mill as UFA after 1 yr. So I take ghost. And do UFA signing for RD.. Myers 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Ghost is LD we need a RD but if the cost is same for trade then ghost is the way to go because he's signed for 4 more years at 4.5 mill per. 

Barrie will look for 9 mill as UFA after 1 yr. So I take ghost. And do UFA signing for RD.. Myers 

stay away from Myers, ewwww.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, justathought said:

After drafting Vasily Podkolzin ,and expecting N Tryamkin back...could Panarin be far behind?

After drafting Hughes, New Jersey is waiting for Hull to show up at camp.  

Also, after drafting Krebs, it’s rumoured that Wayne Gretzky might come out of retirement.  

Come on now Peter Pan.  

Drafting a 17 year old isn’t going to make a superstar change plans because they are from the same country.  

JB has been here long enough he needs to make a big bold trade that will bring us a good asset back. He will have to give up players or a 1st next year that people wont like, hard not to acquire a top 4 rhd without doing that.

make the 2020 1st top 5 protected (included lottery results)

If Nashville is willing to retain 3m of PK's cap hit JB should definitely look at acquiring him depending on the ask of course...

Predators willing to retain salary

Ty Anderson: Darren Dreger said that the Nashville Predators would be willing to retain up to $3 million of P.K. Subban‘s $9 million cap hit to get a trade done.

17 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

:lol:

23 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

If Nashville is willing to retain 3m of PK's cap hit JB should definitely look at acquiring him depending on the ask of course...

Predators willing to retain salary

Ty Anderson: Darren Dreger said that the Nashville Predators would be willing to retain up to $3 million of P.K. Subban‘s $9 million cap hit to get a trade done.

So then it comes down to the asking price. 2020 1st plus what?

5 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

JB has been here long enough he needs to make a big bold trade that will bring us a good asset back. He will have to give up players or a 1st next year that people wont like, hard not to acquire a top 4 rhd without doing that.

make the 2020 1st top 5 protected (included lottery results)

JB read your message. Not bad :lol:

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, justathought said:

After drafting Vasily Podkolzin ,and expecting N Tryamkin back...could Panarin be far behind?

I was thinking with Vegas cap troubles a good start to a trade would be Tanev 50% retained for Colin Miller, Nikita Gusev and David Clarkson. Gusev could become a Panarin lite.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I was thinking with Vegas cap troubles a good start to a trade would be Tanev 50% retained for Colin Miller, Nikita Gusev and David Clarkson. Gusev could become a Panarin lite.

Would love to see Gusev in Vancouver.

Doubt itll happen  though.