The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumour: Canucks very active in trade market (Canucks looking at D options)

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I edited the post. Exactly what you mention. 

Then we would have an ok top 4 imo. Get some grit on the bottom pair.

I think we could even pay Myers 7 times 7.

Edler Myers

Hughes Zaitsev 

OJ Stecher

who are our other guys?  Brisebois and ???

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Dreger (yes I hate Dreger) says for T.O. to trade Zaitsev T.O. will need to add a sweetener.

Would you guys go for a trade of Tanev at 50% for Zaitsev and a 2nd rounder?

Edit: Still get myers for no more than 6 x 6.

Edler  Myers

Hughes  Zaitsev

Nemeth/Benn  Schenn

To gave a 1st for 1year of marleau at just over 6m. TO would have to anti up big time for us to take Zaitsev imo, absolutely no interest in helping out the Laffs

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think we could even pay Myers 7 times 7.

Edler Myers

Hughes Zaitsev 

OJ Stecher

who are our other guys?  Brisebois and ???

I’m still crossing my fingers we can get Barrie.  He’s one of if not my favourite defenseman in the NHL and on top of that he’s a hometown boy.  Plus wouldn’t our defence look so much less mediocre than the above with this lineup:

Edler Barrie

Hughes Myers

Nemeth Stecher

Then have guys that come in when injuries occur like Sautner, Brisebois, OJ etc.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

I’m still crossing my fingers we can get Barrie.  He’s one of if not my favourite defenseman in the NHL and on top of that he’s a hometown boy.  Plus wouldn’t our defence look so much less mediocre than the above with this lineup:

Edler Barrie

Hughes Myers

Nemeth Stecher

Then have guys that come in when injuries occur like Sautner, Brisebois, OJ etc.

Hey, that’s excellent!  If we can’t trade for Barrie, maybe we sign him as a 2020 UFA?

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Edler Barrie

Hughes Myers

Nemeth Stecher

We will probably get him next summer for free.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Edler Barrie

Hughes Myers

Nemeth Stecher

That right there could be why the talks about Gardiner have died down and seem to be zeroing in on Myers. If you think big picture and look to next year I would much rather have Barrie and Myers than Gardiner and whoever.

That's a solid D

Frankly Vancouver could easily grab a solid number 3 defenseman in Brenden Dillon. 

He wouldn’t break the bank. Hutton, Schaller, Spooner, Eriksson, and a 34th round draft pick would get her done. 

Seriously though, he’s a better choice than paying Myers some stupid contract. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

New Jersey looking to bolster there scoring.  Wonder if we can trade a glut of forwards for Damon Severson. 

4 years left at 4.16 mil.  Age 24 and had a breakout season last year for the Devils.  Wonder if they are interested in a guy like Virtanen, Goldobin?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Frankly Vancouver could easily grab a solid number 3 defenseman in Brenden Dillon. 

He wouldn’t break the bank. Hutton, Schaller, Spooner, Eriksson, and a 34th round draft pick would get her done. 

I wonder what the asking price would be. I believe Dillon is a LD though right?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

New Jersey looking to bolster there scoring.  Wonder if we can trade a glut of forwards for Damon Severson. 

4 years left at 4.16 mil.  Age 24 and had a breakout season last year for the Devils.  Wonder if they are interested in a guy like Virtanen, Goldobin?

Gonna take a lot more than our spare pieces to get Severson.  I like the idea but I don't think we have the assets to swing the deal.

I do think the Canucks need to focus on a top pairing Dmen and not just 3 rd line RHD who are cheap and available.  Avoid Myers, Zaitsev, Benn and Nemeth and go after higher quality like Severson or Barrie 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I really like your post.

Kevin Kurz: The Sharks could be open to the idea of trading defenseman Brendan Dillon in the right deal. He carries a $3.27 million salary cap hit.

Jim Benning: “There’s teams that still want to move money…I think prices were high coming in the draft.”

My understanding of Jim's statement is that Canucks most likely are in on Dillon (team's he is referring to might be Vegas + San Jose + Toronto). But, Doug Wilson is a hell of a GM and he is well aware of the fact that a Top 4 D-Man like Dillon with an incredible low cap hit at 3.27 mill. has decent value. I think that San Jose's asking price for Dillon was too high for Benning.

My guess: too many teams are looking for quality D-Man and therefore Wilson won't have to adjust the asking price downwards.

Really doubt that acquiring Dillon in a trade could be done easily.

Edited by Wolfgang Durst

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

IMO, Severson would be perfect fit for this team. Somehow my last two live games we were against the Devils and I was very impressed with Severson. I thought he was better than Larson (when he was still with the Devils), who the Oilers gave up Hall for.

Severson kind of reminds me of younger day Hamhuis. 

Hughes-Tanev

Edler-Severson

UFA-Stecher

That's a decent top 4. With Hughes as partner, I bet Tanev will be less likely to be injured. 

I doubt we can get him with Virtanen and Goldy though.  Goldy has near 0 value. Virtanen alone isn't enough.

We would have to include Juolevi in the deal on top of Virtanen, as well as a draft pick.

I think Juolevi + Virtanen + 3rd round pick might do? But should we give up on Olli at this point? With Hughes and Edler for the next 2 years, we can afford to give up Juolevi for a high quality top 4D like Severson. In the next 2 years, hopefully we draft another high quality D or one of the prospects make progress and fill Edler's place.

Alternatively, we can offer Woo instead of Juolevi. Woo is a RHD that we need and can very well replace Tanev's spot on top 4. But his value isn't as high as Juolevi so it probably won't be enough.

6 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

I really like your post.

Kevin Kurz: The Sharks could be open to the idea of trading defenseman Brendan Dillon in the right deal. He carries a $3.27 million salary cap hit.

Jim Benning: “There’s teams that still want to move money…I think prices were high coming in the draft.”

My understanding of Jim's statement is that Canucks most likely are in on Dillon (team's he is referring to might be Vegas + San Jose + Toronto). But, Doug Wilson is a hell of a GM and he is well aware of the fact that a Top 4 D-Man like Dillon with an incredible low cap hit at 3.27 mill. has decent value. I think that San Jose's asking price for Dillon was too high for Benning.

My guess: too many teams are looking for quality D-Man and therefore Wilson won't have to adjust the asking price downwards.

Really doubt that acquiring Dillon in a trade could be done easily.

Not sure it would be very high, but it would require more than the spare parts I was jokingly suggesting. 

13 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

Edler Barrie

Hughes Myers

Nemeth Stecher

Nice looking defense, I can't imagine what we would have to give up for Barrie though.  Too much I'm sure.

10 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

NJD is looking for talent - they have enough bottom-6 F.  Goldobin would never work under Hynes.  NJD is all about hard work and non quit attitude.  Also they've hired Tyler Dellow to leads their analytics.  He has not been particularly impressed by Vancouver when writing for the Athletic.  Doubt he'd recommend anyone on the Canucks past the untouchables.

12 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

NVM

Edited by aGENT

3 hours ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

Nice looking defense, I can't imagine what we would have to give up for Barrie though.  Too much I'm sure.

Apparently Benning offered a 1st and Virtanen for him, but Avs declined.  Didn't sound like they were that far off, it just depends on what happens with the Avs up to and past July 1st.  Besides the Canucks, that is the team I'm paying attention to in terms of moves.