The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] What A trade for Bo Horvat to Colarado for...

First, I love Bo Horvat,

But I think I would trade for Colorados' First round picks: 4, 16 and their 2nd second(47) for Bo Horvat.

Colorado is ready now to make a push now. Vancouver needs more quality and depth.

This would give us more completion for the rebuild.

What do you think?

Does it make sense for both sides?

• Wat 1

Just now, Live like a Canuck! said:

First, I love Bo Horvat,

But I think I would trade for Colorados' First round picks: 4, 16 and their 2nd second(47) for Bo Horvat.

Colorado is ready now to make a push now. Vancouver needs more quality and depth.

This would give us more completion for the rebuild.

What do you think?

Does it make sense for both sides?

No. Why should Colorado give all their picks for a position they don't really need filled?

• Upvote 1

First, I love a guy who tags his posts properly...

Just buggin ya, welcome to the forums.

I almost think this could make sense for both sides.

Don’t think it would ever happen though and I would hate it if it did (until potentially five years from now when I would potentially call you a genius)

Why do some fans want us to be in a perpetual rebuild. As soon as we get a player performing and entering their prime, its....hey, let's trade him for draft picks and roll the dice again!

Guaranteed player, performing in the NHL at a good level, ALWAYS trumps a draft pick where you have no guarantees.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Unpopular opinion but I'd do it. Turcotte or Byram will be at 4 and Seider at 16 and a 2nd round guy. Colorado is really the only team that'd say no to this deal. Turcotte's potential is right in line with Bo Horvat imo. Interesting EA trade though.

N7 & why would "Colarada" do this ?!..  They could prob pry loose a few rollin' boulders for a punk like Kadri.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

maybe im getting old...

but i get attached to these guys.  Bo is our captain in my mind.  Part of why I watch sport is to see how these guys develop as they age and how they overcome obstacles.  Look at the Sedins early in their careers, look at how they turned out - the process was fascinating to watch - very satisfying too.

Maybe im too sentimental to be a good GM, but why stop at Bo. lets trade Pettersson and Hughes for a never ending revolving door of draft picks because it makes us feel good on draft day?

That said, if we are still in the same boat in 3 years and Bo is at the peak of his prime with a floundering team then the situation can be re-examined.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

No. Why should Colorado give all their picks for a position they don't really need filled?

Colorado takes this deal and runs.  Having Mac And Bo as their 1 - 2 centers would be a dynamic due.  There is not a chance that JB would make this trade though.  Bo is far too valuable a player for such little return, especially considering Bo is on a sweet contract.  

• Upvote 1

pfft on colarado even thinking about it ,  at 4 they get a player almost ready to step into the nhl , and with their own pick  they should be able to get a guy 1to 2 years away  2 quality guy on elc ,for 3 years , Horvat is a leader and will be a factor , when and if we make the playoffs   gmjb has said several times over and over , like broken record he is not , I repeat not trading away our young core , Horvat boesser petterson hughes so forget about it ,

Once you trade Bo, you are looking for the exact same player else where.  What's the point trading such a vital piece of our team to after having to find the exact same thing?

Sure he could get you a lump sum, but what he has done for this team, and what he means for our team, it makes no sense to trade him or even explore that possibility.  Yes there is a price on all players, but the fanbase, staff, and teammates already know Bo is the next captain.  He bleeds blue and green, and you can see it in his play.  He is hungry to not just win for individual sake, but he wants to win for this team.

Sometimes I find this fanbase seems to get caught up with acquiring new shiny things for the sake of it, and take for granted for what they have in a player like Bo.  To even mention him or even the likes of Brock in trade talk leaves me in disbelief.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1