The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Jaku said:

Podkolzin is the highest Russian pick for the Canucks ever

Now the question is, will he play a game in the nhl, or get himself into the hall of fame?  Larionov and Bure may not have been the highest picks, but they were the smartest picks. 

Podkolzin, im not sure. I trust jb’s, but maaaan....this ones a big swing that could whiff for a bases loaded strikeout. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'm surprised he fell to us. Thought he'd go at 6-8. Very impressive call. 

Im also surprised we went with him when he did. I am happy with the pick but was shocked. Just glad we didn't pick the midget..  ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, oldnews said:

That's what happens when you trade players like Ryan O'Reilly.

Sorry, not sorry - and no hindsighting here.

That whole trade is snake bitten.  Still have hope for Tage Thompson, but everything else involved was a giant fail.

• Cheers 1

Most pleasing part for me is watching a player quoted to be top 5 skilled player in the draft, standing looking like a freaking tank as well. Comparables was mentioned to be Evander Kane... If we have just drafted Kane without the crap, JB has just pulled another rabbit out the hat...

We're are mega short on big forwards in our top six, but in two year that won't be as evident.

Maybe just maybe JV will start to play to his size once other are as well.

10 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

The interview with the Canucks' amateur scout yesterday said character was an absolute foundational and key factor in their drafting, so this kid's no flake.  Sounds like he could be a real competitor.

Canucks also put ALOT of weight on character. even if podz is better than Krebs but has slightly less character, they would have taken Krebs. To me this says alot, it means Podz has immense talent and canuck character, love the pick.

• Like 1