The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

tan

Here's a portion about JT Miller from a NYR fan site (topic was originally about Lias Andersson)

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/lias-andersson-breaks-silence-about-leaving-rangers-and-injury/

I have alluded many times to JT Millers immense internal strengths and how he weathered the ups and downs of an emerging hockey career. This allowed him to survive AVs disproportionate treatment of players. In the end, he has carved out a very decent career in the NHL. Lias appears to be far less resilient and this has likely contributed to his on ice performance and behavior off the ice. The kid needs help from someone other than a hockey coach or GM.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:38 PM, Chicken. said:

Funny You can list so many positive attributes and Not even have to mention he is #1 in the whole league in faceoffa iirc

we are fortunate JB is such a good judge of character

image.jpeg

He sure looks a lot like Kesler in that pic.

It's really starting to look like the 1st line is Miller's line rather than Pettersson's, and that this is becoming his team. He looks like a leader out there, deserves an "A", and is controlling the play most of the time. Pettersson has really softened up down the stretch, a bit how he did in his rookie season, whereas Miller is just consistently getting better and better. Massive 3 assists against the Bruins, he's the guy out there on the forecheck causing turnovers and leading to A-grade scoring chances, and now he's got two trigger men to set up.

So far he's taking over MVP rights in my opinion.

• Cheers 1

J.T. Miller is out best player who isn't a goalie. And that's not a knock on Petey/Hughes.

Funny thing is that when you think about it, he probably won't even get an end of the year award. Marky will get MVP, Elias will get most exciting, Quinn will get best defenseman, and I predict that he's too good to get unsung hero. So underrated.

Edited by Grape
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

This guy is the gift that keeps on giving. 

Too early to tell for Toffoli, but with the Pearson, Miller, Toffoli pickups, Benning is becoming a much better GM, and improving on his trading weakness. 

Honestly it’s not like we traded Forsberg or erat soo his trading woahs are even that woooah

9 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

Too early to tell for Toffoli, but with the Pearson, Miller, Toffoli pickups, Benning is becoming a much better GM, and improving on his trading weakness. 

For sure Miller, Toffoli and Pearson are nice aquisitions. But I attribute his apparently improved trading ability mostly to two things.

One, the team has developed to a point where trades like this now make sense, to fill in the final remaining holes in the lineup, while they would have been premature a few years ago.

And two, he has finally accumulated enough assets that he now has the resources to make these kinds of trades without gutting our team's future.

• Cheers 3

13 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

The only thing that's changed is his leverage and circumstance.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

For sure Miller, Toffoli and Pearson are nice aquisitions. But I attribute his apparently improved trading ability mostly to two things.

One, the team has developed to a point where trades like this now make sense, to fill in the final remaining holes in the lineup, while they would have been premature a few years ago.

And two, he has finally accumulated enough assets that he now has the resources to make these kinds of trades without gutting our team's future.

And three, having guys play with excellent young players like Petey and Hughes somehow gives these guys an extra boost - whereas they used to be good players, now they seem to turn into excellent players

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nzan said:

And three, having guys play with excellent young players like Petey and Hughes somehow gives these guys an extra boost - whereas they used to be good players, now they seem to turn into excellent players

For sure. It's no real surprise that Miller's productivity playing on Petey's line is dramatically better than it was on Tampa playing ninth in ice time among forwards. His productivity in Tampa immediately after they picked him up in trade was a pretty good clue. I assume he had quality linemates and ice time in the 19 games he played in Tampa that year because he got 10 goals and 18 points in that span. Same thing with Foli. Put a good player with Petey and JT and watch him blossom.

33 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

For sure. It's no real surprise that Miller's productivity playing on Petey's line is dramatically better than it was on Tampa playing ninth in ice time among forwards. His productivity in Tampa immediately after they picked him up in trade was a pretty good clue. I assume he had quality linemates and ice time in the 19 games he played in Tampa that year because he got 10 goals and 18 points in that span. Same thing with Foli. Put a good player with Petey and JT and watch him blossom.

Yes, he was on the Stamkos line.

I also think stepping into the Nucks top line allowed him to play at his best and encouraged his obvious leadership qualities.  He has become a huge role model for the team and leads the way in almost every aspect of the game.

I have a feeling that the same may happen with Toffoli, although I don't think he's as complete a player Miller.  I think he will excel in a new role and we will see an even better player than expected.  Hopefully this will lead to TT wanting to re-sign in the summer.  I mean, what player wouldn't want to play on a line with JT and Pete?

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

It's really starting to look like the 1st line is Miller's line rather than Pettersson's, and that this is becoming his team. He looks like a leader out there, deserves an "A", and is controlling the play most of the time. Pettersson has really softened up down the stretch, a bit how he did in his rookie season, whereas Miller is just consistently getting better and better. Massive 3 assists against the Bruins, he's the guy out there on the forecheck causing turnovers and leading to A-grade scoring chances, and now he's got two trigger men to set up.

So far he's taking over MVP rights in my opinion.

Uh huh, agreed, and we paid nothing really.. our pick won't be of any consequence or a long shot at best plus giving up someone average was larceny... Atta boy JB

• Upvote 2