The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Justin Bailey

13 minutes ago, We Are All Cucks said:

Has half decent AHL numbers, and according to Eliteprospects, his father was an NFL player. Wouldn't it be nice if he were a late blooming power forward. Anybody know if he's got good skating? Scouting report I read wasn't very clear on it.

Overall, hard to see anything negative about taking a flyer on him, if not for us, then for Utica.

His father was Carlton Bailey, linebacker for the Buffalo Bills.  After he split with Justin's mother, Carlton didn't choose to stay a part of his son's life so as a result, they don't have a close relationship at all.

Kind of a sad story.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

seems like a trend is going on within the organization as a whole

Looking at the big picture here.  Look at the players acquired in the past year or so, in addition to some of our existing wingers.  Looks like they are trying to get bigger/tougher on both wings throughout the org.  All pretty heavy (and good looking lol) guys

Josh Leivo 6'2" 195

JT Miller  6' 218

Tanner Pearson 6' 200

Antoine Roussel 5'11" 200

Justin Bailey 6'4" 214

Tyler Graovac 6'5" 208

Brock Boeser 6'1" 208

Jake Virtanen 6' 225

Even Podkolzin looks like a sure bet to be 200+ by the time he gets here.

Perhaps just a coincidence, but JB keeps talking about getting bigger and faster....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Motte, Beagle, Bailey likely wouldn't be an awful 4th line either if we end up clearing out some bodies. But yes, likely Utica.

Hmmm.... sorry to kill your excitement there but I would rather have MacEwen than Bailey... assuming Schaller will be gone!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

Looking at the big picture here.  Look at the players acquired in the past year or so, in addition to some of our existing wingers.  Looks like they are trying to get bigger/tougher on both wings throughout the org.  All pretty heavy (and good looking lol) guys

Josh Leivo 6'2" 195

JT Miller  6' 218

Tanner Pearson 6' 200

Justin Bailey 6'4" 214

Tyler Graovac 6'5" 208

Brock Boeser 6'1" 208

Jake Virtanen 6' 225

Perhaps just a coincidence, but JB keeps talking about getting bigger and faster....

Hmmmmm... honestly though... the real "good looking" boys out of that list, in no particular order: JT Miller, Bailey and Graovac...

Oh boy!! I see where this off-season is going.... :towel:

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Motte, Beagle, Bailey likely wouldn't be an awful 4th line either if we end up clearing out some bodies. But yes, likely Utica.

I can see him earning a spot. Maybe even bump Motte down. Could be great ahl depth tho worse case.

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Good looking dude with a good looking body.  He's 6'4' measured, this is true, and he's got good girth, good looking dude. 

Sounds like he's everything you're looking for. You should ask him out.

• Haha 1

Utica lost Brendan Gaunce, likely to lose Brendan Woods, and possibly even MacEwen if he makes the team.  Thats a lot of size and adding Bailey helps solidify the Comets top six.  Allows Lind and Jasek to go at their own pace instead of being thrusted to be offensive contributors

Utica's forward depth looking good, and with other potential NHL players being waived/sent down

Graovac-Camper-Boucher

Perron-Gaudette(?)-Bailey

Jasek-Malone-Lind

Gadjovich-Hamilton-Bancks

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, We Are All Cucks said:

Has half decent AHL numbers, and according to Eliteprospects, his father was an NFL player. Wouldn't it be nice if he were a late blooming power forward. Anybody know if he's got good skating? Scouting report I read wasn't very clear on it.

Overall, hard to see anything negative about taking a flyer on him, if not for us, then for Utica.

Good skater. Not sure if he has the head to put all his solid tools together at this level but he's definitely worth taking a cheap flyer on. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Hmmm.... sorry to kill your excitement there but I would rather have MacEwen than Bailey... assuming Schaller will be gone!

'Wouldn't be awful' = 'excitement'. OK.

So would I.

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Josh Leivo 6'2" 195

JT Miller  6' 218

Tanner Pearson 6' 200

Justin Bailey 6'4" 214

Tyler Graovac 6'5" 208

Brock Boeser 6'1" 208

Jake Virtanen 6' 225

Maybe they're ramping up to do a calender

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Zack MacEwan is better IMO and is likely just an AHL signing due to logjam of bottom six forwards

I think Virtanen gets packaged in a trade. Possibly in a trade with Vegas for Nikita Gusev 

MacEwan slots up on our roster as a 4th line RW. Bailey replaces Zach MacEwan's spot 

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Good skater. Not sure if he has the head to put all his solid tools together at this level but he's definitely worth taking a cheap flyer on. 

Some thought he could have gone later in the first round in 2013 and others thought he was destined for third round.   Polarizing in that he often dominated games with this shot and quickness but then would vanish even though he seemed to be working hard (all scouting reports on him were that he was a tireless worker).   The one thing people will notice if they ever watch him play is his shot - it is heavy and accurate.    I wouldn't mind him picking up some "hit first" mentality as he could be a beast (and occasionally is - but not often enough).   Perhaps whatever Green is teaching Virtanen could rub off on Bailey.    

Don't put this guy in your pool but don't be shocked if he gets a meaningful look too.   He is twice as wide as EP40.

• Cheers 1