The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"I feel confident we're going to get the deal done and everything's going to work out," Boeser

Rate this topic

Canckelhead

5 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

I think $6.9M*7 or $6M*3.

If Boeser is looking for $7M and doesn't care about term, I don't see why they don't just lock him up at $7M*8. 

I think it’s a bridge deal,   2years around 4m per... lets him prove his worth for his best contract.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think it’s a bridge deal,   2years around 4m per... lets him prove his worth for his best contract.

Considering his camp has been stuck on $7M I don't see how they would drop to 4... maybe $5M*1 they'd do.. 

39 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hes our best sniper since Naslund. I dont see why they would let him bridge and get paid 10+ mill next contract. Shows a real lack of foresight. If Brock gets signed for 8 years at 7 mill, it's a great contract for 8 years, instead of handcuffing us in 2, like the Oilers did to themselves after their glorious 1 year playoff window.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Hes our best sniper since Naslund. I dont see why they would let him bridge and get paid 10+ mill next contract. Shows a real lack of foresight. If Brock gets signed for 8 years at 7 mill, it's a great contract for 8 years, instead of handcuffing us in 2, like the Oilers did to themselves after their glorious 1 year playoff window.

We’re still dealing with Capspace... not that I really care too much about it..  apparently the next big bump in Cap/Escrow is with a new TV contract with the NHL in 2 years..  

I agree, long term fair value is better for the Team, but when is long term, far too long?

Players can become diminished assets before they hit 30 yrs of age in this era..  players like Eriksson or Sutter has not helped us..

its all an interesting conversation, and it will be interesting how this deal unfolds and the logic behind Managment and the player that brought them to it.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

I love the Sedins as much as the next guy but towards the end you could time them with a calendar.

Unfortunately true...watching them hunch over to “give err” was sometimes painful...but their skills never eroded.  Losing a step hurt their cycle, defense and offense..still they would have outscored everyone but EP and Boeser.   Definitely very special players.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

This team's identity is being established through the Brock & Bo Petey show.  Quinn on drums and Stech & MF the roadies. 

Love that our team loves having fun but is also all business - the two are kept very separate.  They are private, family oriented guys and it's reflected in the way they do things.

Great ambassadors of the sport and excellent representatives of the  team.  Just love the new "core" that's sliding nicely into place.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Panic. If he was actually confident, he wouldn't feel the need to state that he was 'confident'.

#cdccontroversy

Any King who needs to say "I am the King" is no King ...... Tywin Lannister, GoT

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bubble Man said:

It sounds crazy now but I think they should lock him up as long as possible. The scary thing about a short term contract is he his going to demand a much, much bigger deal the closer we get to his prime. Some of the best deals in the league today are from GMs taking advantage of that first contract before they peak. $7-8 x 8 will look amazing in 4 years. Give him 4 and you might have to go +11/year. Short term is a bad bet IMO. 

I agree. I think 7-8m for a longer term would be better. The cap rises 1-3M every year and by the 4th or 5th year, 7 or 8m for Boeser will look like a steal. I just hope BB and EP are together for the next 8+ years 

• Upvote 1