The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Text PK Subban on his cellphone

Rate this topic

https://www.nhl.com/news/pk-subban-offers-advice-via-text-to-young-hockey-player/c-308627586?tid=281396148

If you are not doing anything and want to have a quick chat with a Norris Trophy winner and NHL all-star, P.K. Subban's line is open.

The New Jersey Devils defenseman posted his cell phone number on his social media bios and encouraged anyone who felt so inclined to text him.

At least a few people have had text conversations with the veteran of 10 NHL seasons.

Subban posted earlier that he liked the texts he has been getting since sharing his number and he hopes young players and fans "keep 'em coming!!"

Sure, there were skeptics, but Subban is as serious about this as he is about his offseason workout regimen, which is pretty serious.

Subban has always made the extra effort to connect with fans, but this takes it a step farther.

Normal text messaging rates apply, we assume.

The number is in the NHL article link but it's 647-696-7699.

Anyone game to text him and see if he answers? Maybe with a Pettersson related question? XD

1 hour ago, falcon45ca said:

I somehow doubt that's his personal cell number...more likely a phone dedicated just for this publicity stunt that he checks maybe once or twice a day. Hell, it may not even be him responding, just a personal assistant...or one of his brothers :lol:

Just in time for his high profile engagement.

He should thank his publicist, I guess.

• Haha 1

I keep saying no team with PK will win a Cup.  Traded from the Habs, and traded from the Preds.  He’s a right shot Norris quality D, and he’s traded now - twice.  He’s cute, and fun to watch play.  But there’s something off with him. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I keep saying no team with PK will win a Cup.  Traded from the Habs, and traded from the Preds.  He’s a right shot Norris quality D, and he’s traded now - twice.  He’s cute, and fun to watch play.  But there’s something off with him. 

Habs haven't done squat since they traded him and aren't really any further ahead.  They still live & die by Price.  PK was just a scapegoat for their GM doing a meh job.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I think it's the suits he wears tbh

• Haha 1