The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eriksson playin it cool lol

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

Loui E  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Was the article overblown....indubitably.

I didn't see much wrong with what he said. He's frustrated.

But saying that, he put it all on himself.  No, I don't blame him for being offered the money, but when he was shaking JB's hand, did he know that he was losing interest in hockey?.....and still shook JBs hand?  And for a SIX freekin year deal?   That would p me off knowing that. It sure seems like it. That's okay, players, at different times, leave hockey and some never look back. Higgins admitted he just wasn't that interested in playing anymore in his last season here. His passion for the game had dried up. It seems like Louie is in that same boat based on his level of participation and passion.  But committing to a franchise for six years knowing that about yourself?  Not good Louie.

I think he'll make the team, and get yet another chance. if only because Aquilini would not like to have 6 million in Utica, and JB only gets a million in cap relief. But (I hope) its on a short leash. Ideally, if he doesn't have a renaissance year, which is highly unlikely, he will be sent down to Utica, and after a few bus rides, with a bunch of smelly loud kids, leave the rest of his contract on the table and head to Sweden. 

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I remember Gudbranson going headfirst into the net trying to save it. Set the tone for the season. Yikes!

Let’s not forget that Miller would have had a shutout if it were not for that goal and he wasn’t even on the ice to stop it!

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

Poll was bad (referring to Q2)

The 1st question is ok. Loui will make the team because boeser's greed (and scumbag agent) will get to him and he will sit. That will allow littlethings Loui to play on the Canucks.

The 2nd question was stupid. One of the answers should have been "No" - he won't retire if he gets sent to Utica.  

More effort in this poll please.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DS4quality said:

Haha right.... A professional not training. 

No one wants you to like him, it was one overblown comment that fills you with hate. 

And to clarify a few things, I used to work in the arena and Loui was ALWAYS one of the first players on and last players off the ice. I probably watched more practices than most of the media. 

I don't care if you hate him, I just don't appreciate people making up fake rumours and false narratives. 100% of the people on this board couldn't hack it in the NHL let alone score 30 goals. 

It was a bad contract but the I think the Loui haters are worse

You think it took me that long to hate the guy?? 

2 hours ago, smithers joe said:

too much hate. whatever happens will be determined by louie’s play, and the coaches and management’s needs from him. too many people believe he doesn’t deserved the right to try and make this team. a hung jury. give louie the chance to prove he belongs or doesn’t. 

Thanks Uighur Joe and I agree.  Don’t re-call so much animosity towards a Canuck by the fans ever, except for the bald headed lays eating guy - but that was mostly after he left he wasn’t treated too poorly while he was here all things considered.  

LEs words have turned into a lightning rod for fans to show their dissatisfaction of his play which I get - but he’s still wearing the uniform - maybe lay off a bit until this career is over.    

Really can’t remember hating a player - some I wasn’t fond of and a few I didn’t like at all.  Are Vancouver fans turning into Habs/Leaf fans and will the boo’s come next?   Hope not, that’s shameful.

Also hope he’s given a fair shake at camp to clear the air and try and make the team.

3 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I agree with Loui this thing has been way "overblown". He starts on the third line this year and is depth for the top 6 with maybe the chance of being traded later in the year.

As beaten to death as this may be, if he plays like he did the Sedin's last game for any length of time then he'd be gone but I highly doubt that's going to happen.. would mean a complete change of heart.. and a millionaire to boot, who doesn't give a $&!# about us fans who won't see 6 mil in their lifetime.. grrrrr... Meh what a dic_

I’m with Eriksson on this one (and Green for that matter).

The comments that Eriksson made were blown way out of proportion by the trollish Canadian hockey media.    Let Eriksson focus on hockey and try and get his game back.

Eriksson has never been a driver of play, but has always been a good facilitator when playing with strong lines mates.   With Ferland, Miller, and Pearson all here now, Eriksson will have more opportunities to play with better line mates even in a bottom 6 capacity.   With Eriksson facing the threat of being sent to the farm and having to bite boners down there, I think he’ll come to camp motivated and determined.    I think Eriksson will have a strong bounce back year and will do well enough to garner some trade value.

Edited by Hindustan Smyl
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

I’m with Eriksson on this one (and Green does that matter).

The comments that Eriksson made were blown way out of proportion by the trollish Canadian hockey media.    Let Eriksson focus on hockey and try and get his game back.

Eriksson has never been a driver of play, but has always been a good facilitator when playing with strong lines mates.   With Ferland, Miller, and Pearson all here now, Eriksson will have more opportunities to play with better line mates even in a bottom 6 capacity.   With Eriksson facing the threat of being sent to the farm and having to bite boners down there, I think he’ll come to camp motivated and determined.    I think Eriksson will have a strong bounce back year and will do well enough to garner some trade value.

One would hope.. 

3 hours ago, DS4quality said:

I think the CDC is more whiney than Loui, most y'all just wanted more excuses to hate him. Nothing he said was wrong and Travis agreed with him. 

But don't let that stop the hate from the so called fans

This x1000 

Loui trained hard this year. 

20+ goals... You can take that to the bank. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, kilgore said:

Was the article overblown....indubitably.

I didn't see much wrong with what he said. He's frustrated.

But saying that, he put it all on himself.  No, I don't blame him for being offered the money, but when he was shaking JB's hand, did he know that he was losing interest in hockey?.....and still shook JBs hand?  And for a SIX freekin year deal?   That would p me off knowing that. It sure seems like it. That's okay, players, at different times, leave hockey and some never look back. Higgins admitted he just wasn't that interested in playing anymore in his last season here. His passion for the game had dried up. It seems like Louie is in that same boat based on his level of participation and passion.  But committing to a franchise for six years knowing that about yourself?  Not good Louie.

I think he'll make the team, and get yet another chance. if only because Aquilini would not like to have 6 million in Utica, and JB only gets a million in cap relief. But (I hope) its on a short leash. Ideally, if he doesn't have a renaissance year, which is highly unlikely, he will be sent down to Utica, and after a few bus rides, with a bunch of smelly loud kids, leave the rest of his contract on the table and head to Sweden. 

I agree with part if this.  Louis is definitely frustrated.  He’s lost a step, his hands are gone, and his strength is diminishing.  He was asked, by a Swedish reporter, to justify why his offence dried up.  He defended himself, and his reputation.  

Loui will not make the team, and he will retire before the Canucks announce he’s being put on waivers to be sent down.  Clearly, from his answer to the Swedish reporter, his reputation (especially at home in Sweden) is very important to him.  He will not jeopardize that reputation anymore by the embarrassment of being sent to the minors.  He will retire before that happens.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

This x1000 

Loui trained hard this year. 

20+ goals... You can take that to the bank. 

Not sure if this will happen... but i always cheer for the underdog....    Loui E is a pro and no doubt his pride took a hit and  i do think he will come back hard this year.

Getting 30 goals with out PP time is pretty much impossible though...   Still i am cheering for him to have a great season . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DS4quality said:

I think the CDC is more whiney than Loui, most y'all just wanted more excuses to hate him. Nothing he said was wrong and Travis agreed with him. 

But don't let that stop the hate from the so called fans

Travis agreed that he was fustrated and arent on the same page. But to come out in the media and say the coach doesnt trust you is all on Louie. TG has given him lots of chances to succeed and to call out your coach like that is unacceptable. These guys are supposed to be professionals getting paid lots of dollar... he shouldve kept quiet, put his head down and work harder.

Edited by HOFsedins
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree with part if this.  Louis is definitely frustrated.  He’s lost a step, his hands are gone, and his strength is diminishing.  He was asked, by a Swedish reporter, to justify why his offence dried up.  He defended himself, and his reputation.  

Loui will not make the team, and he will retire before the Canucks announce he’s being put on waivers to be sent down.  Clearly, from his answer to the Swedish reporter, his reputation (especially at home in Sweden) is very important to him.  He will not jeopardize that reputation anymore by the embarrassment of being sent to the minors.  He will retire before that happens.  

Alf I would be incredibly happy if this was to happen. That being said, hes still got 7 figure annual salary he can collect

Why not go play in Utica? How bad could life in Utica be? He could buy a luxury condo... Live in it, then keep it as an investment after he moves to his city of choice... 

Hockey is really fun... And if you're getting paid 7 figures it's tough to walk away from that much. 

I'd be shocked if he retired and we got all the cap relief. Happy... But shocked. 

Until then I think it's best we see him working hard at camp and getting back to 20+ goal Loui 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

Alf I would be incredibly happy if this was to happen. That being said, hes still got 7 figure annual salary he can collect

Why not go play in Utica? How bad could life in Utica be? He could buy a luxury condo... Live in it, then keep it as an investment after he moves to his city of choice... 

Hockey is really fun... And if you're getting paid 7 figures it's tough to walk away from that much. 

I'd be shocked if he retired and we got all the cap relief. Happy... But shocked. 

Until then I think it's best we see him working hard at camp and getting back to 20+ goal Loui 

Most people, and even most players, would go play in the minors and collect their money.  Loui is Swedish.  Look at Berglund.  He gave up similar money, because he hated the situation in Buffalo.  His skills were us serious decline, so he just went home.  Sundin had 10 million owed to him from us, but he chose to go home, because he was a shell of his former self.  Now Loui is learning he’s a shell of his former self.  He will retire.  

8 minutes ago, apollo said:

Well doesn't he owe us 3 yrs of him floating.. just retire already.. if this doesn't light a fire under him.. just f'n leave..

It's not just the money either, we need his roster spot almost as bad as we could use the cap space...

Edited by iceman64
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HOFsedins said:

Travis agreed that he was fustrated and arent on the same page. But to come out in the media and say the coach doesnt trust you is all on Louie. TG has given him lots of chances to succeed and to call out your coach like that is unacceptable. These guys are supposed to be professionals getting paid lots of dollar... he shouldve kept quiet, put his head down and work harder.

NHL players are human , not computers.

Competitive and passionate. They get frustrated.  Reporters can be slimey and and can print things you thought were off the record.

Loui E is a proud guy and not happy with how things are gone.   I am sure he has apologized to TG and they are both moving on from the mistake.

Lets give LouiE a bit of space and see how he plays the first few months....   Hopefully he can recover his career and maybe he agrees to be moved at the deadline... that would be best for both parties...

I will be cheering for him in camp.... 

• Cheers 2