The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 09, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Good game for the boys, but the that was probably the worst game Quick has ever played.  We have to remember that the Kings are in retool mode with several players that shouldnt be in the NHL yet, playing.   

I liked the lines.  What i noticed most the past 2 games is how much more effective Sutter is on the wing.  He made something happen almost every shift.  Id love to see Jake with Gaudette and Ferland at some point too.  

He took a number of the draws and played down low in the defensive zone.  He might have been listed as W, but he was the C on that line

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 3

I sure got ripped on Quinns draft year when I said that he would be the best offensive defenseman from the draft. And I still stand by my call to take him 1st over all. Could we have accidently won another draft lottery?

• Cheers 2

Well that went good.

For a long time teams that played the night before could come here and win if not dominate the Canucks. Rare were the occasions that opening up a can of kickass actually resulted in an ass whopping.

Quick, wasn't. They say every NHL quality goalie should stop all shots he can see from out near the blue line, I don't think Quick saw the blue line at all. Too bad for a goalie with his history to be left in so long.

Markstrom made another steal, until the team unleashed on Sieve, I mean Quick.

Could have been worse for LA, there were a couple of posts too.

One of the team's best third periods in over a decade.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Kings defenseman Drew Doughty wasn’t holding back after 8-2 loss to the Canucks tonight: “It’s (expletive) just embarrassing. A team like that should not be beating a team like ours 8-2, there’s absolutely no way

Doughty reaffirming why we call him Poughty! :rolleyes:

There is a reason why such a gifted player like him can't be a Captain material. 

Cant deny his skills... but his character is just garbage. 

All his past interviews, he sounds like a teenager.

What a great game! The Canucks annihilated the Kinks and sent their sorry asses packing. Great character shown throughout the lineup. Sadly, the Kinks seem to lack the same character as their top defenseman, while a very talented player, is a pathetically whiny little toddler who can't take losing like a mature adult.

You silenced the Flames fans, but the Canucks silenced your pathetic ass. Choke on it, Poughty.  

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2