The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Oct. 30, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8-1-1 since Bo became Captain.

Also, because it continues to be interesting, and it appears to be good luck, I am going to compare our pace to the last three years when we also had "hot starts":

After 12 games:

2016 (7 home games): 4-7-1 (-14 goal differential)

2017 (6 home games): 6-4-2 (+1 goal differential)

2018 (4 home games): 6-6-0 (-9 goal differential)

2019 (5 home games): 8-3-1 (+17 goal differential)

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Love the win. I am worried that the scoring is relied mostly on the 1st line, Hughes, and Horvat. Other teams might see Vancouver as a 1 line team and later in the season other teams will put the pressure on just that one line. Also if any of them get injured it will be a huge blow to the team. 

3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Love the win. I am worried that the scoring is relied mostly on the 1st line, Hughes, and Horvat. Other teams might see Vancouver as a 1 line team and later in the season other teams will put the pressure on just that one line. Also if any of them get injured it will be a huge blow to the team. 

Teams always put pressure on another teams top line. Does t matter when they’re playing like they’re playing.

Also we have at least 4 players that we can pretty much count on for goals each game (Miller, Boeser, Pettersson, Horvat). That’s a lot more than we could say in the past.

Our depth guys have been playing great and chipping in as well.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Not really true we’ve had really surprising depth scoring throughout the lineup so far this season.

and from the back end.

tonight was just a night our top line dominated, and they were due.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

1st of all, we also got goals anf production from players like Ferland, sutter, edler, schaller, leivo, virtanen and pearson while we also have Baertschi, goldobin in the AHL dominating and Rousell and Gaudette waiting to get in. I mean this year we arent a 1 line team and we have scoring not only from forwards but D too. Besides top players for any team that gets injured is a big blow for that team so I dont know where your concern stems from? 

• Upvote 2