The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kovalchuk signs with Montreal

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him click there. It's a Russian type of town.

I just assumed he would go to a team with at least 1 Russian but I don't think MTL has any ?!?! I would have bet $5 he would have signed with PIT, WSH or TBL

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him click there. It's a Russian type of town.

Would look good with Drouin, imo. I remember Ilya almost single handedly leading NJ to a Stanley Cup, hes not the same player but still valuable if used correctly.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

He really wants to prove himself.  He seemed totally cooked in LA.  Why not just go back home to Moscow?

I don’t know.  Feel free to ask him. Maybe he wants one last kick at the can in the best league in the world 

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

??? League minimum for one of the top goal scorers of the last two decades. He is on pace for 43 points on "a team like that".

It's like volunteering to get cancer. Kovalchuk is walking, talking, skating hot garbage both on, and off the ice. Especially off.

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

It's like volunteering to get cancer. Kovalchuk is walking, talking, skating hot garbage both on, and off the ice. Especially off.

He has had a leadership role on 11 NHL/KHL teams as well as wearing a letter for Russia the last decade. LA seems to be the cancer. He seems like a guy who doesnt like to lose.  

• Cheers 1