The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Hurricanes sign Justin Williams

5 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Playoff hero. Warrior. He is a true champion. Knows how to dig a little deeper when it matters. Then again he is old. We will see how this goes. 

Good signing for them. I hope Carolina goes deep and defeat Toronto in a round hahahahah

I'm hoping he avenges the actions of Marchand that likely made him want to retire despite still playing decent hockey at his age.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

These late season signings of old vets rarely (if ever) pan out.  I'd be surprised if Williams makes any significant impact on that roster.

he had 52 points last season, he's 38 i'd say thats still pretty solid?

5 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

Yup, but what I'm saying is he also started the season from Game 1 last year.  Starting more than half way through the season is a different story altogether.  Rarely do players that start half way through a season do as well.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

These late season signings of old vets rarely (if ever) pan out.  I'd be surprised if Williams makes any significant impact on that roster.

Agreed.

8 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yup, but what I'm saying is he also started the season from Game 1 last year.  Starting more than half way through the season is a different story altogether.  Rarely do players that start half way through a season do as well.

Yep. No training in the off season that we know of, no training camp and missed half the year. The odds of this working out are low, very low.

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

Agreed.

Yep. No training in the off season that we know of, no training camp and missed half the year. The odds of this working out are low, very low.

cheap contract, but also could end up working out and no knows if he's kept in shape, im assuming so though.

3 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

cheap contract, but also could end up working out and no knows if he's kept in shape, im assuming so though.

do you know of any other 38 year old, having missed training camp and half a season, that actually helped on a team he just signed with?

I don't.

Guy was a very good playoff performer, what is he now?  time will tell.

• Cheers 1