The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Miller is also a proven NHL player. 

My whole thing is people saying he’s a Center and only a Center. I get you gotta give to get and am excited for Toffoli and this trade will help. There was a time when the Philadelphia Flyers had like 7 listed Center’s in their top 9 forwards. It’s almost a nice thing to have as you got more than one forward out there that can take draws.

Good value given the market. The way the West is shaped up, we can make certainly make a run and Toffoli can help with that. I like Madden but ultimately we have a slew of forward prospects and I am not sure that Madden projects as a Center at the NHL level.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

My whole thing is people saying he’s a Center and only a Center. I get you gotta give to get and am excited for Toffoli and this trade will help. There was a time when the Philadelphia Flyers had like 7 listed Center’s in their top 9 forwards. It’s almost a nice thing to have as you got more than one forward out there that can take draws.

I know. The dude is tiny though. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Are you paying me? No? Well then maybe you can assist your fellow Madden mourner in their quest for knowledge and enlightenment. 

Did Tyler Toffoli play for the Kings in 2012? You go around patronizing / bullying everyone when you can't even get your facts straight. Peace!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

1 minute ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Miller is part of our young core. Without JT we are selling right now instead of buying and looking at another lottery pick...

Some of you are so used to losing every move involves the future and what ifs. Its time to make moves and turn the page and I am excited

No he’s not.  Miller is s very good support player, but when our young core guys are mature enough to compete for s cup Miller will be gone.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xereau said:

Burked explained the pick thing this weekend, saying that each time you drop down, you are talking exponential loss in value, like 3x per tier. so a 4th is really worth 1/9th of a 2nd. and only a third of a 3rd.

Turning a guy thats unproven (TM) + 2nd into a proven playoff top 6 warrior, I am not sure how anyone can be upset at this?

I'm pretty sure that Benning's gonna lock him up too.

Surrounding bona fide superstar talent with proven winners, is how you win in this league.

Picks, especially deep picks, are over rated for the most part.

Oh, and chances are, we replace these picks with outgoing parts too.

Trading all those picks Benning has done has not resulted in any lasting big improvements, actually none of his late picks have made the team in a meaningful way. Gaudette might though. It is the 1rst round picks and if the draft is really deep like this one then some of the 2nds as well.

How can they lock up Toffoli? He will be 28, what 5 years at 6 mil with a NMC? A lot of 29 - 30's got 4 years with a NTC or NMC.

Wasn't that the problem 7 years ago, the team was too old and that was with the Sedins still producing. Nothing like piling the pressure on young players

• Wat 1

25 minutes ago, The.Burrowers said:

I call him a rental because he basically is one. If he wants to test free agency he can easily wait to do so. In the event he does (most 27 year olds do) that means one of 3 situations can occur

1. He falls in love with the team and gives us what him and his agent deems to be a discount to extend before free agency (seems very unlikely to me)

2. We extend him before July 1 by paying him what his agent expects he can get as UFA (more less same as being a rental)

3. He leaves as free agent (rental)

If he was on a JT miller like contract, that wouldn't be a rental, because he is locked up for a long time.

Yea why wouldn't we not trade for him and sign him for free this summer?

aka he's a rental. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Bullying? Did you need a hanky? Maybe someone to hold your hand and look into your eyes, telling you it’s going to be okay?

Ok. It’s going to be okay. 

is that your way of deflecting your own ignorance? you made a fool of yourself. Pull your big boy pants up and admit you made a mistake, instead of patronizing other people telling them to go look things up when its you that are the one that is misinformed

HE DID IT TWICE!!!!!! ..... uh oh, wrong.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Horvat is a Boss said:

Tanev is a UFA, what are you talking about?

So he couldn’t be traded ahead of that timeframe?

Just now, Horvat is a Boss said:

It would cost a boatload to get rid of Eriksson. We're talking multiple 1sts or something equivalent. 

Did it cost a boatload for the Oilers or Flames to move Lucic?

5 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I agree that moving to the wing would have been possible, but who's he going to beat out there?  Miller?  Boeser?  Virtanen?  Podz?  Hog?  Lind?  Motte?

• Upvote 1