The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Feb. 29, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I hate to say this but Miller over plays the puck sometimes.   Tries to beat too many guys or holds on to the puck a little too long.  Part of the problem imho is that he is apprehensive to make plays to Petey because EP is really having a hard time breaking past checks and winning any board battles right now. 

miller is a great player .. not trying to slam him at all.. just noticing he’s trying to put this team on his back a little too much. 

If love to see this team with a healthy BB and markstrom back.  I hope they are still in a playoff race or position when those guys get back. 

Interesting how the Canes can protect a Zamboni driver in net for a period when the chips are down, but the Canucks can’t muster a defence for our backup keeper when the chips are down.

There is too much invested in Demko to have his confidence destroyed this young in his career.  Starting all over agin would be stupid.  Pure and simple, our defence is being exposed for what it is, overpaid and bloated.

18 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I don't know, Edmonton and Calgary are starting to play better down the stretch while we seem to be regressing.

Nashville is starting to look better too, and we have no games in hand over them.

.500 isn't gonna cut it.

NSH and CGY both lost today. We have 2 games and 1 pt in hand on CGY. We're 2 pts up on NSH

I think NSH will probably pass us. They're playing great and winning lately. Veteran, experienced team.

9 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Nani? Lol. We watching the same games? Cause he is half decent on the forecheck that means he's been good the last 30 games? 

He's been good on the forecheck and the best defensive forward on Bo's line.  That's our matchup line that we put up against the other team's best line.  

Their job is to play neutral against the other team's top line so that our other lines have better matchups and can come out looking better.  

Many were questioning our lack of systems even when we were winning and the answer was “we are 7-2 ....blah blah” 

now the record has flipped and what was the unsustainable pattern for getting outplayed but winning has flipped 

Marky is not there to cover up the lack of system sins and we are exposed 

• Upvote 1

How did he say they played great? Is there a disconnect? Its stupid. I am questioning Green. They didn't play great at all. His expectations are so low. So low. He may need to go if this continues. He said they had a good response. They were down yet again. I don't get it.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, Patrick Jane said:

Its the canucks. so imagine no. What do you expect when you sign 4th line players to 3million plus.

We have the horses and we have depth in Utica 

this team has the talent , with some tweaks required 

the issue is the 3 guys behind the bench 

I like JB he has built depth in this franchise 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

NSH and CGY both lost today. We have 2 games and 1 pt in hand on CGY. We're 2 pts up on NSH

I think NSH will probably pass us. They're playing great and winning lately. Veteran, experienced team.

Does not matter unless we end up in a wild card.