The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Islanders at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 10, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Honestly with the chances we’re giving up I think we could live with Raffertys weaker defensive game if it meant adding his puck moving abilities.

That being said Green would never play him. We’ll see Chatfield or Brisebois called up before him because they play a safe game.

"i know you have 44 points and a +18 in 56 games Brogan, but we prefer Chatfield" - Green

:emot-parrot:

• Haha 2

This is the good stuff, this is the hockey I've been waiting to see.

Glorious highly entertaining game and the win to go along with it. I never would have guessed an Islanders game would be one of the best games of the year.

Barzal is crazy good.

• Like 1

Good game - winning is always more fun

Our D needs  some work. Fantenberg and Myers are not good on the ice together. Hope Tanev is OK - he's got to be hurt not to come back into the game.

The more I see the Gauds/Rooster/mac  line the more I like it. I'd like to see them get a little more ice time.

Jake - thought he had a good game but he doesn't  belong on the 4th line.

Going to be an interesting summer - some of these vets should be on the move -

GCG

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, spliced said:

This is the good stuff, this is the hockey I've been waiting to see.

Glorious highly entertaining game and the win to go along with it. I never would have guessed an Islanders game would be one of the best games of the year.

Barzal is crazy good.

There coach will not like how wide open the game was played though.  Yes, 

Barzal reminds me of a ringette player.  It’s like the puck is glued to his stick.  Petey did well matched up against him though.  Barzal is fabulous with the puck, but he’s not so good without it.  Petey is by far the more complete player.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

Good game - winning is always more fun

Our D needs  some work. Fantenberg and Myers are not good on the ice together. Hope Tanev is OK - he's got to be hurt not to come back into the game.

The more I see the Gauds/Rooster/mac  line the more I like it. I'd like to see them get a little more ice time.

Jake - thought he had a good game but he doesn't  belong on the 4th line.

Going to be an interesting summer - some of these vets should be on the move -

GCG

Jake played 13 minutes, and that’s almost all 5 on 5.  Motte and Sutter played 16 minutes each, with their PK minutes.  That line actually played third line minutes.  The Gaud line was more like a fourth line really.