The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Describe the Current Vancouver Canucks in 1 word (Discussion)

Rate this topic

J.I.A.H.N

20 hours ago, GritGrinder said:

Average

15th in wins

19th in pts

17th pts %

17th RW

17th ROW

9th in GF

16th in GA

4th in PP

16th PK

18th in shots per game

Middle of the pack in 8 of 10 main team categories.

I remember we were close to last in most categories and for years. 

Great work Jim Bennin!

24 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I remember we were close to last in most categories and for years. 

Great work Jim Bennin!

Well considering its been the last 4 years it would have been nearly impossible for you to not remember. You make it sound like it was decades ago.

1 hour ago, GritGrinder said:

Well considering its been the last 4 years it would have been nearly impossible for you to not remember. You make it sound like it was decades ago.

Now they’re average but climbing.

They bottomed out and are now rising.

Great for 3 years before losing in the 2011 finals.

Bad team from 1995- they weren’t considered Cup contenders until the 2004-05 lockout.

THAT IN ITSELF is a decade.

1994 was a fluke entry and man did they work hard. They made a St-Louis-like trade, with St-Louis that gave them the push to get there. They lost to the Rangers and subsequently dismantled the team.

Between 1970 and 1994, only 1982 is there to remind us that anything could happen. But to call the team a good team is a massive stretch.

It HAS. been decades.

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Now they’re average an climbing.

In decline for 4 years.

Great for 3 years before losing in the 2011 finals.

Bad team from 1995- they weren’t considered Cup contenders until the 2004-05 lockout.

THAT IN ITSELF is a decade.

1994 was a fluke entry and man did they work hard. They made a St-Louis-like trade, with St-Louis that gave them the push to get there. They lost to the Rangers and subsequently dismantled the team.

Between 1970 and 1994, only 1982 is there to remind us that anything could happen. But to call the team a good team is a massive stretch.

It HAS. been decades.

It’s kind of obvious we’ve never had the current prospect pool.  We should, with our established young core on our team already, have a winning window of 5-7 years.  It could be longer if we can keep Huggy and Petey.  My concern is that JB needs to use our top prospects to dump bad contracts (Loui, Myers, Beagle, Rooster) so we can keep the top young players we currently have. 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s kind of obvious we’ve never had the current prospect pool.  We should, with our established young core on our team already, have a winning window of 5-7 years.  It could be longer if we can keep Huggy and Petey.  My concern is that JB needs to use our top prospects to dump bad contracts (Loui, Myers, Beagle, Rooster) so we can keep the top young players we currently have. 

The prospects Benning is using in trades are good prospects. But they’re not as good as the prospects Benning picks at the top.

Im not worried about the talent pool in any way.

I’m more worried however, that Benning will get fired. This guy could being in 2-3 Stanley Cups no contest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

The prospects Benning is using in trades are good prospects. But they’re not as good as the prospects Benning picks at the top.

Im not worried about the talent pool in any way.

I’m more worried however, that Benning will get fired. This guy could being in 2-3 Stanley Cups no contest.

I’m for promoting JB to full time President, and making Bracket GM.  Oh, and fire Green.  :towel: