The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Werewolf! The Awakening (Game Over - Town Wins)

Rate this topic

Ceres

• Ceres changed the title to Werewolf! The Awakening (Game Over - Town Wins)
29 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

I didnt appreciate the rally that started on AV round 1. Here i am voting for the 4th &^@#ing player thinking it was a safe vote and no way he'd be lynch..10 seconds later AV is number 1:(

Sorry AV.  I fully accept whats to come next game from you

It's all good.  New game, new circumstances :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
6 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Don't worry, game not slated to start for another two weeks.  I'd like anywhere from 15-35 participants.  We need some flavour and some participants.

I'll join, in that case.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Good job townies! Solid win. 

And sorry MR lol. You’re just so scummy! :lol:

1 hour ago, Aladeen said:

Brutally scummy, that was a clinic he put on on how not play as town.

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don’t know if he was doing it on purpose or what, but yeah man, real $&!# town game. Well, glad he wasn’t mislynched and I gave in on the Toews train. 

Lmao if you guys say so.

The only round I actually somewhat tried in was D1. Imma go see how I did in retrospect.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
19 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Don't worry, game not slated to start for another two weeks.  I'd like anywhere from 15-35 participants.  We need some flavour and some participants.

In

• Like 1
1 hour ago, naslund.is.king said:

Only thing i didnt like about the setup was no chat at night but thats pretty self explanatory. 

Yeah I definitely prefer our style with always having the thread open. I only did it this way so I could match how the game would be played in the Champs. I'm glad my rules were mostly well received. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
30 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

giphy (16).gif

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Yeah I definitely prefer our style with always having the thread open. I only did it this way so I could match how the game would be played in the Champs. I'm glad my rules were mostly well received. 

I think it allowed for cool heads to prevail..but at the same time you lost some of the momentum and reaction

For example R1 shenanigans 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ceres said:

You've gotta play in AV's game. No excuses. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I avoided quoting all my posts about Zfetch because obviously I was wrong there obvs. :lol:

On 4/22/2020 at 7:23 AM, Master Radishes said:

Mild take: the main conversationalists have been vils.

(I later clarified I meant that the people talking when I entered all felt comfortable in opening the game up.) This was BJ, SS, falcon and a bit of NIK. Take turned out to be correct.

On 4/22/2020 at 7:44 AM, Master Radishes said:

I'm townleaning NIK for his sassy attitude.

Correct.

On 4/22/2020 at 2:26 PM, Master Radishes said:

I've not actually read jazz's posts close enough to discern a hidden agenda or anything, but I want to townlean him based on tone.

Hoggers is more active and aggressive than he used to be. Tbh I think that sort of change in meta is a bad look on him, but maybe the time away has changed him so I'll hold off SRing too hard here.

I'm going to wait for Lucky to solve the game and if he doesn't he's scum.

Early reads. Nothing egregious. Heading in the right direction. I even hesitated to assign Lucky a townlean of any sorts.

On 4/22/2020 at 5:34 PM, Master Radishes said:

Are you guys reading the same NIK post I am? He's giving reads, they're based on reasoning, where he's not sure he's stating so without waffling on about it, his worldview seems entirely compatible at the moment, and he in general just seems more active and comfortable than the last couple games.

The 'town leader' obsession is odd, I'll give you, but why does that mean it's scummy? NIK is still new and is used to certain players taking the lead, so it makes sense he'd expect something like that here.

(For my money I say falc can be our glorious leader this game.)

TRed NIK when others weren't, and even already recognising falcon's leadership. B) Correct.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:15 PM, Master Radishes said:

This is a good point.

Okay, Sharpie might be town.

Correct. Obviously deviated from this later when he tunneled tf out of me. :lol:

On 4/22/2020 at 6:23 PM, Master Radishes said:

Falcon also lock town.

Correct.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:24 AM, Master Radishes said:

Hoggers' read on me is illogical, possibly out of paranoia or possibly out of an agenda. He's basically said 'nothing MR has done is wolfy he's just not being transparent' and admitted he and I have the same reads and are reading the game the same way. I think, grudgingly, he's town for it, but his meta has clearly evolved so we'll see how he progresses.

Lucky isn't giving me supatown vibes like he has in recent games, but I'm not convinced yet that's scummy so much as, possibly, just less interest in the game at the moment.

Similarly, BJ is a bit lurky-in-the-backgroundy, but it does kind of fit with his playstyle in general lately.

I liked TL's initial post. Not getting the usual scumtells from him. Early days though.

^^^some of my 'hmmm' reads.

Again, early reads but heading in the right direction.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:27 AM, Master Radishes said:

WW and Intoews are sitting back a lot. I don't want to vote them because I want them to play with us since it's been so long, but maybe in D2 we can lynch one.

Early onto Intoews, and as for WW...

On 4/23/2020 at 8:08 PM, Master Radishes said:

Oh you're right.

And I like this post.

WW moving up my unwieldy list.

Translation - WW becoming townie.

On 4/23/2020 at 9:41 PM, Master Radishes said:

I've kind of turned off tbh. I'm waiting for D2 now. I have a few townreads and I don't know who in my PoE I prefer.

I'm generally fine with lynching BJ, Lucky, AV, even Kurisu (AtE is bleh)...Intoews is my buddy and I want to play with him some more but he's down my list...I wouldn't fight to stop a lynch of SS, WW, or Jazz, although I've assigned all of them a couple townie points in my head...

4 + 1 (Intoews) I put into my inner PoE, of which 2 are scum. Not bad for D1, plus...

On 4/23/2020 at 9:45 PM, Master Radishes said:

In general I like the voters on Lucky, BJ, and Intoews. I don't like the voters on AV. So maybe not AV.

...I remove AV from my inner PoE, making it 2 of my 4 final D1 scumleans being correct.

On 4/23/2020 at 9:55 PM, Master Radishes said:

Maybe I want to TR this, but maybe not with BJ.

And also I'm giving out too many townleans.

Hesitating on my BJ scumread, enough so that...

On 4/23/2020 at 9:59 PM, Master Radishes said:

*Sigh* Friendship gods forgive me.

Unvote; Vote Intoewsables

...My D1 vote lands on a scum.

(All this was before the AV wagon and everything that happened, of course.)

In later rounds I correctly stuck to my Intoews scum read based on D1 wagons, stuck to my TRs of various others (NIK, falcon, and by D2 WW, hoggers, jazz), and mostly trolled around yet never got myself mislynched because other townies correctly, if grudgingly, recognised I wasn't really playing scummy just not up to my usual standards.

So to recap:

*Was onto 2 of the scum in D1

*Had correctly TRed multiple players also by D1

*Was only majorly wrong about 1 player

*Never got myself mislynched

Yep. Brutally awful townie game. :sadno:

• Like 1