The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Goldobin signs with CSKA Moskow

13 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He got to play with Petey, how much leash do you need? 

I think what they mean by more leash is letting Goldy get away with not playing defense and lack consistency. Same guys that probably crapped on Virtanen for not being consistent. Goldy had insane levels of leash. Especially compared to a guy WE drafted. He wasn’t willing to adapt. His KHL coach doesn’t even want him. 

On 6/25/2020 at 9:01 PM, canuktravella said:

I think we should have given goldobin more of a chance should have waived eriksson in sept and actually given him make top six and perform or at least  a opportunity to up his trade value. I hope he owns khl and maybe comes back

I mentioned this before.... I’m going to use some bad words, you’re just going to have to deal with.    

Fuk goldy, he was never ever going to make it.  Any player who can’t stick with the sedins, Pettersson or horvat deserves to play in another continent!   

Sorry had to rant 

Edited by sassbs

17 hours ago, sassbs said:

I mentioned this before.... I’m going to use some bad words, you’re just going to have to deal with.    

Fuk goldy, he was never ever going to make it.  Any player who can’t stick with the sedins, Pettersson or horvat deserves to play in another continent!   

Sorry had to rant

Not really called for. Just because someone cant make it in the best league in the world isnt a good justification to say "&^@# that guy"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bitter Melon said:

Not really called for. Just because someone cant make it in the best league in the world isnt a good justification to say "&^@# that guy"

True.  It was just very frustrating to watch him play.   If had put in the effort I would’ve loved the guy.  He seemed to show flashes once in a blue moon and floats.   So that frustration grew to anger lol

1 minute ago, sassbs said:

True.  It was just very frustrating to watch him play.   If had put in the effort I would’ve loved the guy.  He seemed to show flashes once in a blue moon and floats.   So that frustration grew to anger lol

I just kinda look at it like a skill that doesn't get developed. Some players never develop a good backhand. Some have an absolute muffin of a shot. Some are supremely skilled but don't anticipate plays very well. Some like Goldy don't get the effort thats required. Its not ideal, I'd obviously prefer he were able to put it all together and become a stud for us, but it is what is and I wish him the best of luck in Russia. Hell, maybe he'll figure it out over there, he's still a young guy.

On 6/25/2020 at 6:01 PM, canuktravella said:

I think we should have given goldobin more of a chance should have waived eriksson in sept and actually given him make top six and perform or at least  a opportunity to up his trade value. I hope he owns khl and maybe comes back

Goldobin got gifted top 6 minutes the previous season though and did nothing with them.  As much as I agree with waiving LE, Green gave Goldobin nothing but opportunity and wasn't trying to have him play on the 4th line when he was dressed.  The effort level simply wasn't good enough and Green's patience had run out.  Not an issue.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

When we got Pearson, that made it a little harder for Goldobin to slot in on the top 6. When we got Miller, that pushed him right out. Goldobin and Baertschi both lost out. Guys that aren't quite good enough for top 6 minutes need to strengthen their defensive and puck battle game to have a spot. Fast tracking Gaudette was the clincher for them.

If Goldy wants to come back to the NHL, he'll have to work on his weaknesses or I doubt he sticks again.

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

@Stierlitz any Russian media on why? 

Simply put, he was not good enough to play for one of the KHL top teams. Initially there was some news on Dec 4 that CSKA was going to trade Goldobin to Amur, Khabarovsk which is located on the Russian Far East, that is very far away from the Goldobin's favorite luxury cities of Moscow and St.Petersburg. Then I saw comments that Goldobin negotiated contract with Metallurg from Magnitogorsk for less salary than he got with CSKA. And now CSKA agreed to terminate his 2-year contract (until April 30, 2022) to let Goldobin sign new contract with Metallurg for less money.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Simply put, he was not good enough to play for one of the KHL top teams. Initially there was some news on Dec 4 that CSKA was going to trade Goldobin to Amur, Khabarovsk which is located on the Russian Far East, that is very far away from the Goldobin's favorite luxury cities of Moscow and St.Petersburg. Then I saw comments that Goldobin negotiated contract with Metallurg from Magnitogorsk for less salary than he got with CSKA. And now CSKA agreed to terminate his 2-year contract (until April 30, 2022) to let Goldobin sign new contract with Metallurg for less money.

thats a  bummer always was rooting for goldy to make the team full time, just couldnt get it done, well wish him all the best for the future.

11 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

You must not have been around for Shirokov or Grabner::D

Shirokov was never really given a chance. The guy scored 2 goals in one game then week after he was sent packing, never to be seen again. Grabner was starting to become a regular until he broke his foot (leg?) on their pre game soccer thing. Grabs was just breaking out that season, I think his hat trick against the ducks came a week or 2 before his injury

15 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

that was nice of CKSA to do that.

I guess Green knew what he was doing, eh? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1