The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Screw that noise Burr, no way was that a 5 and a game, but since Burr has the "reputation" he gets tossed. What bullcrap.

Oh my god people need to get a grip. Burrows ain't St.alexandre. The hit was retarded. Away from the play , and not worth the chance. Absolutly stupid

Oh my god people need to get a grip. Burrows ain't St.alexandre. The hit was retarded. Away from the play , and not worth the chance. Absolutly stupid

This.

The guy has no slack with this league and he goes out of his way to make THAT hit for absolutely no God damn reason. Just a stupid move.

At this point in the season, in a race like this, with a tie game, and something like THAT??? They're going ape poop over that? It wasn't a "hit", they collided and yeah, Burr made sure he got the better of it. Whatever. Those divers were pathetic.

Give your...

head a shake if you think that should be a game/possible season changing deal there. When guys are plowing other guys head first into the boards that lil love tap gets all that attention? It's a joke.

BTW, you spelled refs wrong (there's no "h-i-t" in it).

At this stage in the season in a huge game that's tied and you've missed some stuff, no.

• Upvote 2

At this point in the season, in a race like this, with a tie game, and something like THAT??? They're going ape poop over that? It wasn't a "hit", they collided and yeah, Burr made sure he got the better of it. Whatever. Those divers were pathetic.

Give your...

head a shake if you think that should be a game/possible season changing deal there. When guys are plowing other guys head first into the boards that lil love tap gets all that attention? It's a joke.

At this stage in the season in a huge game that's tied and you've missed some stuff, no.

Lol. Now now deb. I realize emotions get flowin this time of the year , but Burr made a stupid play. It was stupid no matter how u look at it. It wasn't just "a collision". It was nowhere near a bure-churla, but it was a stupid play. Burr just made sure he got the best of it? Common. Really?

I was way more pissed that burrows made that sloppy idiotic hit for no good reason then I was at the reff I can say that much. But hey, that's just me

Edited by cuporbust

It seemed like he was just getting even for something. Still undisciplined. Kennins was undisciplined as well.

I can see him getting at least 3 games for the contact.

Not sure still why bieksa got tossed. Must have told Gaustad to pick up his soother or something.

Lol. Now now deb. I realize emotions get flowin this time of the year , but Burr made a stupid play. It was stupid no matter how u look at it. It wasn't just "a collision". It was nowhere near a bure-churla, but it was a stupid play. Burr just made sure he got the best of it? Common. Really?

I was way more pissed that burrows made that sloppy idiotic hit for no good reason then I was at the reff I can say that much. But hey, that's just me

It was a collision, because Gaustad didn't see him. How much more clear could that be? Burrows never changed his line, why should he? And yes, Burrows probably thought he'd get away with a little interference just because Gaustad ran into him and the opportunity was there. That's not "idiotic". He had to brace himself at the very least. He never expected Gaustad to drop like turd to the ice.

Your post was idiotic though, but thats just you

• Upvote 3

With 100% honestly, and completely unbiased, I do not think it was an intentional hit.

Burrows was looking for the puck when Gaustad turned, and I know it sounds cliche but I really think he was trying to protect himself when he moved his shoulder ever so slightly. I think he tried tucking his shoulder in more than he tried leaning in with it. Either way, I just don't see how a player trying to attack another player can just run into him so smoothly like Burrows did without any change of direction. Plus, there was absolutely no motive for a headshot like that. It's incidental contact and there's no question in my mind that that's true.

• Upvote 1

Give your...

Well at least they finally figured out how to handle the horrible officiating. Win the damn game and shove it right back down there throats.

That's how its done in the real world.

We can't afford to lose Burrows...

Not this late especially with Richardson and Kassian out as well.

If Burrows were to be suspended having Macmillan draw back in doesn't really make me feel all to good about our depth. You would have to reshuffle the lines to accomodate him and you would be messing with line chemistry that is forming now. Sigh there are those nights where you wonder if that player made that one extra move or one less move.

So is there going to be a suspension for Bieksa and burrows????

I highly doubt Bieksa will get anything. I've never heard of a player being suspended for a 10 minute misconduct penalty. On the other hand I'll be quite surprised if Burrows isn't suspended as it's his second head shot this season. Three games last time means five is a real possibility this time. Repeat offender.

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

Lmfao this is still -1200 even though they took out minusing like 3 years ago