The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Heat Wave?

tapeboy

7 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Man I love this heat , best place in the world in summer . Enjoy beautiful bc you Whiney plugs, have a beer and relax. 

I scooter around with my shirt of scaring the little kids.  

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

People are IDIOTS!   There is zero excuse for leaving kids or animals in a hot car....ZERO.  Grrrrr.   I agree in a severe penalty for this negligence.

I'm loving the heat, spent the day at the pool.  Wish I could just live there.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Perfect weather, cannot really complain.  As long as it doesn't go above 31C which is very rare in the south coast and is very common in the USA so consider ourselves lucky with this perfect summer weather.   

Uhh...its 33-34 all over Vancouver right now. 

4 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Uhh...its 33-34 all over Vancouver right now. 

I am not in that area where it's 33-34.  29C was the high where I was.   I have been experienced far worse heat wave comes with humidity than Vancouver is experiencing right now.  

Some weather trivia. 

Hottest ever recorded temp. in Canada : 45 °C (113 °F)  Midale and Yellow Grass, Saskatchewan on July 5, 1937.

Hottest ever in BC:  44.4 °C (112 °F)  Lillooet and Lytton, British Columbia, July 16 and 17, 1941

2nd in BC: 42.8 °C (109.0 °F)  Osoyoos, British Columbia  July 27, 1998

Hottest in Vancouver: 34.4 °C (93.9 °F) Vancouver, British Columbia July 30, 2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extreme_temperatures_in_Canada

• Upvote 2

Start work at 7am, sweating like a pig by 7:15am, still love it.  One thing I hate is the smog from forest fires, it is already looking pretty hazy out there, at least yesterday.  I start my holidaze in August, please don't be as bad as it was last year, I want to enjoy the beach and be able to see the sun. 

Also the sauna helps, I sweat it out before bed and cool off with a glacier like shower.  Sleep like a baby, surrounded by beautiful women.

Edited by Tre Mac

• 2 weeks later...

Heat Warning issued for Metro Vancouver:

Heat Warning in effect for:

• City of Vancouver - including Burnaby and New Westminster
  • Metro Vancouver - northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
  • Metro Vancouver - southeast including Surrey and Langley
  • Metro Vancouver - southwest including Richmond and Delta
  • North Shore - including West Vancouver and North Vancouver

Hot weather is expected today, Wednesday and Thursday over the south coast.

Maximum temperatures will reach the upper twenties near the water and the low to mid thirties inland. Overnight minimums will only recover to the mid to upper teens.

Significant cooling will occur on Friday.

The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.

Drink plenty of water even before you feel thirsty and stay in a cool place.

Check on older family, friends and neighbours. Make sure they are cool and drinking water

Seek a cool place such as a tree-shaded area, swimming pool, shower or bath, or air-conditioned spot like a public building.

Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.

Get informed
- Check the local news for health and safety updates.
- For more information on heat-related illness, call HealthLinkBC at 811.
- Contact your local government to find out what services (such as air-conditioned buildings and public splash parks) are available in your area.

Environment Canada and the Lower Mainland Medical Health Officers expect an increase in health and safety risks from heat and are advising the public to take precautions.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2018 at 7:26 PM, Silky mitts said:

Man I love this heat , best place in the world in summer . Enjoy beautiful bc you Whiney plugs, have a beer and relax. 

I love the heat too!

Vancouver = cold summers and mild winters. People haven't experienced heat until they leave the lower mainland!