The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

First game of the season I decided to watch. Now I remember why I lost interest. It was such a good game, but ruined by not giving possession to both teams in OT.

It would be like ending an NHL playoff game in a shootout. Just leaves an empty feeling.

Hope the Seahawks win in the end but I really hope that rule gets changed.

Actually it would be like ending an NHL playoff game in a shootout, where if say after the first round and its still tied, instead of each team getting one shot each going forward...if the first team scores first time out...that's it...game over.

Just snuck away to watch the last 5 minutes and wow... all of those people who turned the game off are going to be kicking themselves.

I feel bad for Bostick. He's going to be wearing the goat horns, but that was a pretty poor effort in OT by the Packers' defensive secondary. I wonder if the zebras would have called the PI, had Kearse not been able to make the catch. No doubt in my mind, the DB made contact before the ball arrived.

As a Bills fan, I can't stand the Pats, but I think Seattle - New England is a better Super Bowl than Seattle Indy. I won't bother cheering for anyone in the AFC Championship, but another game this close would be awesome.

Sherman slow to get up, Rodgers slow to get up.

Kudos to both teams for never saying die.

Both are champs - but I'm afraid that neither will be on the field for the Super Bowl..

Almost positive that Sherman broke his arm on that play where Chancellor goes right into his elbow.

Edited by Dasein

Actually it would be like ending an NHL playoff game in a shootout, where if say after the first round and its still tied, instead of each team getting one shot each going forward...if the first team scores first time out...that's it...game over.

True, and I doubt any hockey fans would tolerate that. I'm not sure why it's widely accepted here though.

Both are champs - but I'm afraid that neither will be on the field for the Super Bowl..

Almost positive that Sherman broke his arm on that play where Chancellor goes right into his elbow.

A lot of people hate Sherman for being so cocky, but props to him for finishing that game. The tackle he made on Green Bay's final drive had to hurt like hell...

What I think will happen tomorrow:

Patriots 38 - Colts 27

Seahawks 27 - Packers 21

Let's hope we can, in a civil manner, discuss a New England - Seattle super bowl for the next 2 weeks after tomorrow. And if we can't, well, at least we'll have seen 1, or both of Rodgers and Luck have the game of their live's.

Final: Seahawks 28- Packers 22

Here's hoping both my predictions were right.

See you in 4 hours, if my heart is still beating!