The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evan McEneny | D

Joel Heyman

Would have liked to see him go to AHL but with the dpeth the team has this year he would probably end up in Kalamazoo anyways, might as well let him play 22 minutes a game as an over-ager. Hoping Cedarholm goes back to junior as well. We'll see them both in Utica next year.

Should be called Curtis Valk talk, because that's who should get his contract.

In all seriousness, McEneny getting moved to junior means another year of slide. This means a contract in Utica has opened up... Potentially for Valk.

I think people forget since he's an overager and by all rights should shine in juniors this year he could very easily be a showcase piece as a throw in for part of a larger trade if he actually does well enough to shine

Oh thanks for clarifying!

No sweat, Nazzy...hope McEneny goes back to Kingston and dominates as a 20 year old. IMO, I think another year of junior will be good for McEneny. He looked lost at the YS tourney (the little I saw) and the YS tourney is just a step above junior A exhibition games.

Should be called Curtis Valk talk, because that's who should get his contract.

In all seriousness, McEneny getting moved to junior means another year of slide. This means a contract in Utica has opened up... Potentially for Valk.

that's actually something I hadn't considered. With mcenenys situation next year being more fluid, sending him to junior is an easy way to get valk on the comets roster. Saves from making a tougher decision with a vet player.

p.s. there i go turning every thread into a valk thread haha

p.p.s i like how a lot of people are pulling for him now :)

Edited by wshdrvvn

• 1 month later...

2014-15 Kingston Frontenacs OHL

14 GP 0 G 11 A 11 P 18 PIM +3

Not a bad stat line after a slow start. How strong a team has Kitchener been this year?

Kingston Frontenacs have 7W 6L 1SL for 15 points in 14 games, 3rd in the 5 team East Division.

McEneny's former team, Kitchener, has 8W 3L 3SL for 19 pts in 14 games, 4th in the 5 team MW Division.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another assist today, now has 20 points in 29 games. Nice to see him on a roll now

Hard to get excited for an overager but with him missing a full season in his draft year its probably best he's there. At least he's preforming well, would be awesome for his team if Bennett makes it back and is assigned there.

Hard to get excited for an overager but with him missing a full season in his draft year its probably best he's there. At least he's preforming well, would be awesome for his team if Bennett makes it back and is assigned there.

Yeah exactly, let him play the extra year with kids his age and steady his game. Hopefully he can transition to the pro game next year, but for a undrafted free agent, I like what I see so far this season.

Saw Evan McEneny play on Sunday and he was unreal. He had multiple end to end rushes, good body checks, accurate passes, calms the play down while not too shabby defensively either..took on a major leadership role with such depleted defence line up

He had to double shift all game after Roland McKeown going down during pregame skate..he probably logged ~35+min (also keep in mind this was Kingston's 3rd game in 3 nights...so that's a lot of hockey to play)

I have his "shift by shift" iso game highlight here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuUVN99f0UU

if anyone is interested

Edited by ihaveyuidonttouchme
  • Upvote 2

Yeah exactly, let him play the extra year with kids his age and steady his game. Hopefully he can transition to the pro game next year, but for a undrafted free agent, I like what I see so far this season.

If you're referring to McEneny, it's more like he's got an extra year playing against kids 1, 2, 3 years younger than him. I suppose the fact that he lost a whole season in his draft year is enough to think that this would qualify as his draft+2 year. The kid looked brutal in the Prospects games vs. other NHL hopefuls, so we'll see what he can do against better competition in the next season or two. Not holding much hope for McEneny, though it looks like he's filling out his frame.

Like all prospects, we'd rather see that he's producing than not, so that's a good thing, but nothing to get excited about.