The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

That is a very random post. Also, I kind of doubt it, unless Shink has a career year and McDavid has a down year.

McD is going to be averaging 30+ goals a season imo.

Wouldn't doubt it in the least if Shinkaruk scored 40+ one year.

• 3 weeks later...

Shinkaruk is an under the radar prospect all of a sudden.

Less hype than Virtanen, McCann, Cassels, and Boeser.

I think that if Hunter pans out as a scorer he could be the guy to pick up the slack if Vrbata is dealt at the deadline.

Ah hindsight. I love looking back at the first few pages of some threads. All the people laughing at Calgary picking Poirier instead of Shink. Poirier would arguably be our top prospect right now along with Virt and McCann, looking like a much more solid pick than Shink. Not complaining, just an observation. I was super happy with the Shink pick at the time as well.

Hopefully in 2 years I'll look back at this post and laugh at me saying this.

Ah hindsight. I love looking back at the first few pages of some threads. All the people laughing at Calgary picking Poirier instead of Shink. Poirier would arguably be our top prospect right now along with Virt and McCann, looking like a much more solid pick than Shink. Not complaining, just an observation. I was super happy with the Shink pick at the time as well.

Hopefully in 2 years I'll look back at this post and laugh at me saying this.

yeah it definitely wasn't a bad lick like cdc made it out to be. I do think shinkaruk will have a "rebound" season this year.

Did someone on CDC just say Shinkaruk will score more goals than McDavid?! Anyways... When Baertschi signs you gotta wonder if JB will let Shink marinate in the minors or maybe package him in a deal. Haven't heard anything about him from management when they talk about the future. Im very looking forward to seeing how he does this preseason. Would love to see him break out a bit

IMO, Hunter needs to find out what kind of pro he wants to be. This is something that Jensen has struggled with and it shows as he has struggled to make the NHL.

I'm excited to see what he does at youngstars (if he goes) and in training camp.

Archived