The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

Neither has played in the NHL. Mc David is on the small side for the NHL. Might be RNH 2015 rushed too young or not ready physically. Its really a Edmonton thing. Exspect more of the same in Edmonton.

Please let me know of a first overall pick that did not play the year after their draft...

anyone else get the feeling if Hunter ever gets a shot in the NHL it won't be for the Canucks?

Nope. High energy, high compete level, desire to succeed.

Shinkaruks main problem is definitely strength but he will get there. He has another season to develop before the pressure is really on.

He's 20 and has had but one year of pro. ONE.

that's it. I've had it. From this moment on I believe no weight of any hockey player unless I personally attempt to pick them up. Seems to be the only reliable way of checking.

Lmao

The only accurate weigh

:)

It will be interesting how he shows up for camp after getting a chance to train in the off season. I suspect he will have a very good camp and will be one of the best players on the Comets. Hopefully he will get lots of opportunities to play for the big team throughout the year.

Hunter's biggest problem will be competing with Baer. They are similar players who play the same position, but Baer has a head start on Shinks.

He was 6'01 during the whole year and between 200-210 from every mesurement i saw

Yeah he might be 6'1" but there's no way he's over 200lbs. Eliteprospects is the website I typically follow for the most accurate up to date listing of young players height and weight and there he's listed at 194lbs which from videos certainly seems closer to the truth. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=183442

Anyways this is Hunter Shinkaruk talk and I just want to say I'm genuinely excited about what this guy can do with a full summer training on strength and skating

Hunter's fine. Another year, maybe two in Utica and we'll see him on the big club. Very likely to get call ups this year too IMO.

Seriously, I bet he's training like a SOB this summer and is going to have a great season in Utica next year. Ki'ds got too much drive to fail IMO.

Archived